SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

I hate Crhapsody!!! please help me to get rid of it!!

Hello,

I have a e260r. I absolutely hate rhapsody's music manager. It takes forever to load. Now, that I have rockbox on my player it keeps wanting me to download the sansa firmware. It keeps wanting to scan for music. Sometimes the player is not even recognized. Often, it wont let me view the music the way I want to on my computer, I think its called x-views or something that ocassionally decides to stop working. Its an over all pain the rear to use.

Is there an alternate out there to use, and also could you please tell me how to delete the rhapsody drivers. I never liked rhapsody.

Help me!

Thanks,

Tone
SanDisk Guru

Re: I hate Crhapsody!!! please help me to get rid of it!!

Didn't you already get the solution in another topic?
SanDisk User

well, yea and no.  the first person to respond mentioned linux, which threw me off.

Tapeworm told me I could just delete the files.  I have never been exactly sure how or where to do such.  

I see two drives come up when I plug in my player,  I am thinking to just erase that second drive.  I am afraid I will "brick" my player if I do so.  Nobody has said if there is an alternate music manager out there as well.  I figured since I said problem solved on my last post I wouldnt be able to post to that thread anymore, hence, this new thread.

cheers, 

Tone

SanDisk Guru

@Ton3 wrote:

well, yea and no.  the first person to respond mentioned linux, which threw me off.

Tapeworm told me I could just delete the files.  I have never been exactly sure how or where to do such.  

I see two drives come up when I plug in my player,  I am thinking to just erase that second drive.  I am afraid I will "brick" my player if I do so.  Nobody has said if there is an alternate music manager out there as well.  I figured since I said problem solved on my last post I wouldnt be able to post to that thread anymore, hence, this new thread.

cheers, 

Tone

I don't think you can erase that 2nd drive, even if you wanted to. That's the card slot, whether there's a card inserted or not.

The Rhapsody folder and all of it's sub-folders and/or files should be within a Services folder. I don't have an 'R' model, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but that's the way it is with the Fuzes out of the box. You should be able to safely delete this. Also any RAX files are Rhapsody song files. They won't be working anyway, so you might as well delete any you find.

I would check in Explorer in both MSC & MTP modes for any reference to Rhapsody. Since Rhapsody uses MTP mode, the folder/files are likely to be put on in that mode also. Likely, but maybe not. That's why I'd advise checking both USB modes. Make sure Windows is set to 'show hidden files and folders'.

I'm not sure whether formatting would remove the Rhapsody folders & files or not. Like I said, I don't have one, so I haven't had the opportunity or need to try it, but it couldn't hurt. It might do the job in one fell swoop. However, since you've already installed Rockbox, formatting would probably erase those files/folders as well, so you'd have to re-install that.

I'd also advise 'managing' your own music. You're a big boy now. There's no need for any software to do it for you. Work in MSC mode, and just select what you want on your player and drag & drop it over to your player. Personally, I've never understood the obsession or desire to use something to 'manage' my music. I have the brain, I can pick & choose the music I want, and I can physically transfer it. If someone is this high-maintenence and can't do these simple things for themselves, maybe they should just join the flock of I-sheep and go with the pod & I-tunes! Bahhh, Bahhhhhh. They must need someone to wipe their nose and change their didies as well. C'mon now . . . it's NOT rocket science! Smiley Very Happy

If you don't consider the other thread 'solved', you can change that in the Options (uppr right-hand corner) of the post marked 'Accepted Solution', even if you previously marked it solved. You can leave it un-solved, or designate another post in the thread as the solution. Only you as OP and/or an admin. or mod here can do this, but it can easily be done. And yes, you can continue to post in that thread too. The ability to 'lock' a thread is limited to the management (admin/mod) only. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk User

The stupid music manager pops up every time I plug in my player, how do I get rid of this. It wants me to update my firmware and all that crap which is really getting annoying.

I really dont need a music manager anyways since my player is full and I am now using micro sd hc cards to add more music to my palyer.  I just want that stupid rhapsody to quit popping up and telling me to do a bunch of crap taht I dont want to do.

Screw Ipods. I hate them everyone has them so that is why I am not going to purchase one of them.  I like to be out of the norm.  besided Sansa is a great company.  I love all thier products!!

Tapeworm wrote:

I'd also advise 'managing' your own music. You're a big boy now. There's no need for any software to do it for you. Work in MSC mode, and just select what you want on your player and drag & drop it over to your player. Personally, I've never understood the obsession or desire to use something to 'manage' my music. I have the brain, I can pick & choose the music I want, and I can physically transfer it. If someone is this high-maintenence and can't do these simple things for themselves, maybe they should just join the flock of I-sheep and go with the pod & I-tunes! Bahhh, Bahhhhhh. They must need someone to wipe their nose and change their didies as well. C'mon now . . . it's NOT rocket science! Smiley Very Happy

Also,

You really didnt have to have that kind of attitude dude.  It was unecessary to have said such.  Of course I can do it myself, its just more convienient to have all what you need in one program rather then having different folders open to do it. 

SanDisk Guru

Ton3 -

I fear you really mis-understood what I wrote (or at least the intention behind it), and in looking back maybe I could/should have worded it better. I was joking, not copping a 'tude with you and didn't mean to imply that YOU were one of the wooly creatures I was ranting about. That was more for others who may read this in the future, not you specifically. That's why I used the words 'someone' and 'they'. Had this been directed at you, I would have said 'you'. I'm sorry you were offended. Believe me, that clearly was not my intention. Smiley Surprised

Were I been serious, or trying to be condescending or insulting to you, I would have used the Smiley Mad instead of the Smiley Very Happy smiley. I thought that would convey that I was just joking around. Obviously, I was mistaken. Smiley Sad

If this service has a music manager that keeps popping up when you plug in your player, can't you just un-install it with Windows Add/Remove Programs function? The Sansa Firmware Updater does that too, and it is irritating as Hell. I can't blame you for wanting to get rid of it.

Btw, I like your play on words in describing the music service 'Crhapsody'. Smiley Tongue

SanDisk User

Tapeworm,

All is good, I did get a little upset by your choice of words but it aint nothing to hold a grudge about against someone I dont even know.  :smileywink:

I did as you suggested and removed the manager from my computer and it no longer pops up. Yay!!  Smiley Very Happy

Duhh, Tone! I shoulda thought of that myself. heheSmiley Very Happy

I am wondering if you could take a look at what I see when I plug in my player in both modes and give me some kind of idea if I still have some crapsody files lurking about.  I am only going to post the main screen as all the folders and what not would take up too much time to post here and Im sure you have better things to do then look at that many pics. lol

This one is Rhapsody Mode, 

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/24zgm5z.jpg[/IMG]

This one is plays for sure mode.  

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/ws30w9.jpg[/IMG]

I think I am good.  But I would like to know that I completely got rid of this rhapsody.

Thanks

Tone

SanDisk User

hmm, guess you dont allow img tags here.  Dont see any image uploader here as well.   Hope its cool i got them img tags
SanDisk Guru

I don't see anything that looks like Crhapsody. Mostly just the normal Sansa & Rockbox folders/files. Just to be sure though, you might sneak a peak inside the Temp & System folder. Inside the System folder there should be another folder called Data. This is the database folder and is what gets 'refreshed' whenever you un-plug from the computer or turn on the unit if there's an external card inserted, or if you have changed (added/deleted) any files. It's probably not necessary now, but if you ever encounter any songs listed on your player that you've already deleted, you can safely delete this folder. This will force the player to completely re-build the database from scratch using current info, instead of just 'refreshing' it.

SanDisk User

word, thank you for the help bro!!! cant wait to buy that dang reader to put more music on my player.