How 1) Do I tell which model I have? e200 or e200R ? 2) turn off 3) download s'ware 4) Convert pics?

I just bought a SanDisk Sansa 8GB from a local guy. I got everything but the CD & Manual. But with no manual I have some questions and maybe some kind soul will help me out...

1 - I went to "info" on the menu's but it does not tell me which model I have... e200 or e200R or what? How can I tell which model I have.

2 - I'm not sure how to turn it off when not in use... I tried hoding down the top left button but that only took me "home"... how do I turn it off when not in use?

3 - I would like to download the stuff that came on the original CD... can I do this? Where?

4 - I read that you had to conert pics & video to a propritary format (groan)... is this true? I guess the CD has the application to do this... right?

5 - Where can I download the manual?

6 - What other issues/problems may I as I use this unit?

Thanks for any help.

SanDisk Guru

Re: How 1) Do I tell which model I have? e200 or e200R ? 2) turn off 3) download s'ware 4) Convert p

1.) See the 'sticky' post in the e200 series board titled How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?

2.) Pressing the button once takes you to the main menu; pressing it again will return you to the 'Now Playing' screen. Pressing it for about 2 seconds will shut the player off. Pressing it and holding it for 20  - 30 seconds will perform a reset.

2a.) The power/menu button is on the lower left of the scroll wheel. if yours is on the top, I have no idea what player you have.

3.) The only things on the CD (which many players did not even come with, by the way) is the Sansa Media Converter software (only needed if you intend to put videos on your player) that you can get here on the forum in the appropriately-titled Sansa Media Converter board and the User's Guide, which is also located here on the forum in the Basic Information post, and finally a 30-day free trial offer for Rhapsody music service (which you can get just by going to the Rhapsody website if you're really interested).

4.)Yes, sort of. Yes (see #3).

5.) See #3.

6.) Most problems boil down to a lack of understanding on how these things work, either because they are new to mp3 players in general, or they are comparing the way Sansas work to a previous player they've had from a different manufacturer. Whatever you run into, it's most likely been discussed or answered here before. Many, many times. Use the Search function; it's great. Otherwise, ask. Someone will surely have the answer or point you to it.

Welcome to the forum! These are great little players; I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Smiley Happy

Re: How 1) Do I tell which model I have? e200 or e200R ? 2) turn off 3) download s'ware 4) Convert p

Which model do I have?

- I have a black unit with "sansa" under the screen.

- It has a wheel below the screen. The wheel has a button in the ceter of it. (I guessit is a button)

- There is an additional button above the wheel on the right side... just below the screen.

- on the side of the unit... left side... towards the bottom... is a 3-position slide switch with up=mic, middle=?, and down = lock

- B10712AKHF-8 is on the back at the bottom

Also... regarding software... can I just put jpg files on it or must they... as well as video files be converted?

Thanks for the help.

SanDisk Guru

@Mel_3 wrote:

Which model do I have?

- It has a wheel below the screen. The wheel has a button in the ceter of it. (I guessit is a button)

- There is an additional button above the wheel on the right side... just below the screen.

- on the side of the unit... left side... towards the bottom... is a 3-position slide switch with up=mic, middle=?, and down = lock

Also... regarding software... can I just put jpg files on it or must they... as well as video files be converted?

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, they all have the Sansa under the screen so that by itself doesn't narrow it down a whole lot. But it sounds like a Clip.

Is this it?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@Mel_3 wrote:

Which model do I have?

Thanks for the help.

Based on the description, I'd guess you have a View. The model number you posted turned up nothing on Google. Are you sure you posted it correctly?

The switch on the side is the power switch. The up position is on/off. The switch is spring-loaded to return to the center position automatically from the up position. The mic is the small hole just above the switch.

As for pictures, I don't know off-hand what formats the View supports, but most pics will probably have to be converted with SMC.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 07-25-2009 07:04 PM

I left the "G" off the end of the number on the back of the unit... it should have been B10712AKHF-8G

I also could find nothing via this number... but the SanDisk Sansa View could be right... the physical size and other spec's seem to match what I have.

Spec's at... http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2567)-SDMX10R-032GK-A70-SanDisk_Sansa_View_MP3_Player_32GB.aspx

And according to the spec's at the above it should play MPEG4, WMV, H.264 video files... and display jpg pic's...

But I just connected it to my PC and dragged a jpg pic to it and it wouldn't display it... plus I got a popup window telling me it would store it but probably not display it...

So, now I'm not sure what model I do have... even it looks like the Sansa View...

But... how do I get photo's and video on it?

thanks for all the help.

i just bought mine from Ebay without instructions. Wasn't sure which player I bought. Thanks for the info.