Highlighted

Formatting question.

After I format, will it bring the rhapsody default songs back? When I got the player I listened to about 10 seconds of each default song and decided to delete them...and after loading 334 songs...I started using the player in my car ...and the device locks up...I found in several forums that the device freezes when it comes to deleted songs....really lame...im probably going to return it unless there is a great solution...

thanks in adavance,

Brandon

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Formatting question.

why would you want to bring the defaults songs back, im not understanding.

Just format it and reload your tunes, it should lock up that often. I dont get what you mean by "the device freezes when it comes to deleted songs". How can it come to a deleted song?

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

I saw the problem it a different forum of a person having the same mp3 player e 250R...they deleted songs and had the same issue...the player doesnt fully delete the songs you wish to get rid of... so if i am confusing you, but I'm just tryin to relay what others have said in other forums...is there firmware to replace the e250R to regular e250? I dont like this best buy/rhapsody infested junk... thanks for responding so quickly. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

you cant change your e200R to a regular e200.

You should just format the player and reload the songs, the problem your reffering to (or  at least from the sounds of it) is just when a user has corrupted data on the player.

Running chkdsk or formating the player usually resolves such issues without a problem.

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

So I can't take Rhapsody off of my player? Thank for the advice.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

you can remove the content itself, the music, channels, etc....

But you will always have the "rhapsody channel" option and the rhapsody branding.

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

If you browse to the Sansa file system using your computer does it show the Rhapsody music on it. It is going to be usually in "System\Music" and the files should have the .rax file extension at the end.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

These are the folders (system unhidden).... that I find when I got to the 250r...

This is whether its attached powered up or powered down...

Folders:

VIDEO

tmp

RECORD

PLAYLISTS

PICTURES

PHOTO

MUSIC

Albums

As it is...the one thing I have done, is I deleted all the preloaded music/vids/etc... as none of it was worth keeping. 

Also for me... it was quicker & easier to dump my own windows media to the music folder and as it turns out, the device auto syncs to WMP anyway... 

I still pull up Rhapsody s/w but  I dont see the value other than if it

must be loaded to use the initial menu that includes radio & related menu items.

There is no SYSTEM

Message Edited by Tulsaboyw on 06-11-2009 05:26 PM
Message Edited by Tulsaboyw on 06-11-2009 05:28 PM
Highlighted

Sorry I missed your post!  The SYSTEM folder is hidden.  When in Windows Explorer, go to Tools, then Folder Options.

Under the View Tab, look for the Hidden files and folders option, and select Show.  Also, uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files for this view.

You should then be able to navigate to the SYSTEM folder.

µsansa

Highlighted

Smiley Very Happy

duh?

I should have thought of that.   sheesh ...its been a busy month.... I do these sort of 'unhides' all the time...

I guess we all  can get a blond moment once in a bit..  Im just getting greyer and blonder both.