Can't see files on computer but are on MP3-Player, worked before

hi,

I have an e280r and never had major problems with it. A while back now I was loading music onto the device and it would only show the last couple albums that I uploaded last. All my music is still on the MP3-player but just doesn't show up anywhere on the computer,

Furthermore the last thing I uploaded (an audiobook) doesn't appear on the device but only on the computer.

I tried reloading the songs onto the player which just took away space but didn't do anything else.

I know this can probably be solved by just resetting things and deleting all the songs but if there is another way you can think of fixing this I'd like to try that.

I hope the problem is understandable, if you have any more questions or need clarification just ask.

Thanks for any hints, ideas or similar problems.

Re: Can't see files on computer but are on MP3-Player, worked before

this is exactly what's happening to my e250r too!!
i thuoght it was just me. but either way. im kind of frustrated because my music is taking up more than half of the space, but i cant delete the ones i dont want anymore cause they dont show up on the computer. HELP!
im thinking maybe there's an internal malfunction and thinking of making use of my warranty by sending it in.
but i want to make sure if there's a solution to this or not before i actually do that.
christine chun

First which mode is your player in (Rhapsody or PlayForSure)?

Second when you attach the player to the computer which folder do you open to see if the songs are there?

SanDisk Guru

Some files will only be visible in the mode that you transferred them, so you'll have to put the Sansa in each mode and look around.

In Rhapsody mode (which is the same as MSC on the regular Sansas) you need to Un-hide
folders so Windows will show them. The Music folder is a hidden folder--don't ask me why.  

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers

Thanks first of all

How do I know what mode I am in? What does that even mean?

ok, so I formatted everything but of course now it's acting up even more. I have my music on again and it's visible in the Digital music store thing but now I can't delete them anymore.

The mode is the way your computer recognize the player.

Rhapsody (MSC): your computer will recognize the player as an external drive and will show under my computer as 2 drivers, one for the player and one for the SD Card.

PlayForSure: is a Microsoft standard and the computer will recognize the drive as a media player, it wont recognize the SD Card.

To check which mode your player is in, on the player go to Settings --> Mode.

If you format the drive is Rhapsody mode, but still seeing songs, put it in PlayForSure and see if you can see the songs on your computer.

Highlighted

Go to My Computer and highlight sansa device, to to tools tab and go to folder options, go to view and click  Show Hidden Files and Folders . double click on sansa device and you will see music folder

I have already gone through the step of showing the hidden folders and my player has always been set in rapsody mode. I had a problem similar to this before, but my player would still play the music. The songs are all mine. they were imported from cd's to rapsody

This all started yesterday when I tried to use my player. I tired playing songs on my playlist and they wouldn't play, It just skipped them! Then when I plugged in my player it's like the songs don't even exist on my player, but yet my space is all tied up. I can't delete the songs that won't play becuase I can't see them. I have the most recent firmware. I took out my SD card so that wouldn't get in the way. I don't know what to do.   Please any advice?!?

SanDisk Guru

Did your USB mode somehow get changed?

I had some trouble when tried to delete some files on my USB flash memory, because after the files were deleted and dissappeared from the memory window on my computer, they still occupied the memory "space" on my external device, then after get angry for a few moments, i delete all the content on my basket, and i discover that the hidden files on my external device were deleted as well.