Highlighted

Blue ring of Death. E250R

I have had my e250R for about 6 months now, it has worked flawlessly.  Today I go to turn it on and all I get is the blue ring, the lcd screen doesnt turn on, nothing.  I hold the power button down long enough for it to shut off, then it wont turn back on.  I wait until I get home from work and try plugging it in to the computer, it wont turn on.  So I do a search and find this forum and start reading but cant find anything ( my search function is weak ).

Any way, the blue ring was on, nothing else.  Now the e250r is off and wont turn on at all,  computer wont recognize it, I have read the instructions for the recovery mode and it does nothing ( hold on/hold record button/plug into comp/hold record button ). I downloaded the firmware update thing from this site from the multiple links posted on this forum.  I install the software but it does nothing that I can see.

Is this thing now a brick?

Thank you.
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Blue ring of Death. E250R

it sounds like its frozen.

hold menu for 30 sec,then press it to turn on.. if it doesnt, you have to remove the battery and put it back in, then it will power on.

Is that as simple as removing the screws on the back?  Once inside is the battery right there?
SanDisk Fanatic

Yes - remove the 4 screws, and the metal cover may be slightly difficult to remove.  After that, you can pop out the battery.
---Signature---

Interesting... same thing happened to my e280,  was quietly listening to an e-book, unit on the table (no fiddling or motion), then "nothing" (no click, pop, boom), just silence. Would not restart, invisible to the computer.

Removed the battery, added my name and phone # on the inside, pushed the on/off button, re-screwed, now all is fine.

Do I need to carry a magnifier and a screwdriver with me???  Mine is made in China. Maybe I should have looked for a Taiwan(ese) product?

-= BoomBoom =-

Why is there a thought in the back of my mind that all these little issues are designed to weaken American productivity??
SanDisk Professor

I dont think they are designed to weaken american productivity.
SanDisk User

lol. Designed to weaken american productivity. Its just so outlandish that it may be true. For years and years the u.s. has depended on products manufactured in china. If they only knew that these products where designed with a cause. That cause is to deter americans and decrease their productivity. With this decrease in productivity the u.s. became increasingly dependent on products imported from china. [China = 1 | U.S. = 0]
SanDisk User

Why is there a thought in the back of my mind that all these little issues are designed to weaken American productivity??

Ahahahahaha funniest thing I've read all day.  The device is designed by Americans, the Chinese just manufacture it.