usb 2.0

I am a new Sansa e280 owner and my XP computer does not recognize the device. 

USB 2.0 is not currently on my computer, do i need to upgrade to USB 2.0 in order for my computer to recognize the e280? 

I figured could use the e280 with the lesser USB and would live with the lower transfer speed but now wonder. 

I plan to upgrade to USB 2.0 and hope this solves the recognition problem.  Any thoughts? 
SanDisk Guru

Re: usb 2.0

you dont need 2.0 for it to recognize, theres a few reason It could not be recgonized... so you would have to give some more details.

you can try switching modes (like it says in the faqs), giving the errors messages you get (if any)
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

It really depends if you want to sync or drag and drop. In MTP mode you need to have WMP, it should work in windows explorer just using MSC mode. good luck Smiley Happy
Highlighted

When i connected the device to my computer in either mode (mtp and msc) the device was not recognized within the "my computer" section. 

I was able to locate the USB in the device manager section and there was an error message saying the driver did not recognize the device.  I played with updating and reloading the drivers and something ended up working.  I didnt think i would have to play with the usb drivers to be able to connect the device to my computer but after much time i was able to figure it out.  hopefully i wont have a similar usb driver issue when i upgrade to usb 2.0... usb 2.0 seems to be a must, otherwise the file transfers are super slow...