Highlighted

moving mp3s to e280

I've added some music to my e280.  Now I'm trying to add more.  Its in the initial transfer mode and I use Windows Exporer to drag files to the music folder.

But lately, I its gotten very tough to transfer files.  I plug in the usb cable and the e280 turns on and says the song is paused.  I've tried turning my e280 on and off and it willn't go into "connected" state.  I rebooted the computer, turned the e280 on and off several more times, un-plugged it and re-plugged it in several times before it becomes connected..

It now says its "connected" , but I've opend "My computer" and sansa is not listed as a device as it has been in the past.

What do I do to get it to relible connect and be visible to My Computer?

P.S. I've sad it say the the file I was not draging to music folder was not the correct format.  WHat mp3 rates do you support?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: moving mp3s to e280

so right now your computer cannot recognize the device? is that correct? try to use another usb port of your computer its better if your going to use the back usb port of your computer..
Highlighted

Correct, the PC does not list the e280 under My Computer like it used to, even when the e280 said "connected".

I've moved the e280 from the hub plugged into a back port (where it worked several weeks ago) to be directly connected to a back port.  The e280 isn't saying "connected".
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

what mode are you connecting in MTP or MSC?