itunes

Before I got my sansa e260 I had itunes and have movies and songs with it but I haven't figured out how to put songs from itunes onto my music player...is it even possible?
SanDisk Professor

Re: itunes

You have to convert them to MP3 with Rhapsody or iTunes.
SanDisk Professor

MP3, yes, AAC and MP4, no. Yo9u will need to use MSC mode and drag and drop your mp3s. With Videos, you'll need to convert them. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
Highlighted

you can just drag the song list from itunes to the sync list on windows media player

Does that mean I can't put itunes songs onto my sansa?
SanDisk Guru

You need to look at what format the music file is. If it is m4a, like many iTunes Music Store files, it has to be converted to mp3, either with iTunes itself or something like Media Coder.
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers

They are all 'Protected AAC audio files'.  Anything I can do to get them on my sansa?
SanDisk Guru

I think if you burn your protected AAC files to an audio CD and then turn around and rip them from the CD in MP3 format you'll be good to go.  If you use a CD-RW you can erase it and use it again.  I don't think you're violating any copyright agreement by doing this as long as you're only using the files for your own purposes and not sharing them with others.
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@TheMarkster wrote:
I think if you burn your protected AAC files to an audio CD and then turn around and rip them from the CD in MP3 format you'll be good to go.  If you use a CD-RW you can erase it and use it again.  I don't think you're violating any copyright agreement by doing this as long as you're only using the files for your own purposes and not sharing them with others.

Yes, that would be perfectly legal!!

There are probably easier ways to do it, but you'll have to search since they're probably quasi-legal so aren't easy to find on the 'net...

Message Edited by AutobahnSHO on 08-27-2008 04:34 PM
-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.

It worked!  Thanks so much!