Highlighted

hi pls help me!

i accidentally reformatted my sansa E200 player and now, i can't open it.. only the blue ring lights and it cant be recognized by my pc.. what should i do? pls help me..
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: hi pls help me!

Simply reformatting shouldn't have caused that, unless...  How exactly did you do the format?  If you formatted the recovery partition on a v1 player, you might be able to fix it by following the information in this ABI thread.

One possible quick fix, before trying the above, is to just hold the menu/power button down for 15 seconds or so, and then tap it again to turn the player back on.

Highlighted

i fully reformatted it.. =(
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Did you use the Windows format command when in Recovery Mode?  This may be the problem.  The 16MB FORMAT partition must NEVER be formatted via Windows, though your computer will offer to do so.

The sansa.fmt method is the only way in there.

Bob  Smiley Surprised

Highlighted

how do i do that sansa.fmt thingy?
Highlighted

If you are able to see the drive on your computer(it will show as a 16mb drive)  use notepad and create and save a blank file and name it sansa.fmt    Then drag that file over to the root menu of your sansa player.  Then unplug the player from your computer.  This should format your player.  If you do not see the player in "My Computer" then I am unable to help you at this point.  Sorry about that.
Highlighted

yup i can't see it in My Computer..=(
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Here is the famous Blue Ring of Death thread
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers