firmware not working

i have downloaded the firmware, but it always says that the service is not available? what is wrong and is there any other firmwares out there? I need to get it as my sansa e260 is in recovery mode
SanDisk Guru

Re: firmware not working

What says the service is not available? The device, the website you're trying to D/L the firmware from, Windows?

Where are you trying to get the firmware files from? The one here on the forum has always been reliable.

2 things though . . . verify that you do in fact have a v1 model and not a v2, and make sure you un-zip the file before attempting to load it onto the player.

thats what I ahve downloaded, the sansa updater and when I open it it says update service not available.  It has said that for days.  I need it cause I had a load main image failure and now it is in recovery mode.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

The Sansa Updater is not designed for reinstallation of the firmware using Recovery Mode.  Simply download a new copy of the firmware from this thread.

Follow the instructions for manual installation.

A word of caution!!  If it is connected in Recovery mode, you can drag-and-drop a new copy of the pp5022.mi4 firmware file into the reserved partition labelled as 16MB FORMAT, but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE ATTEMPT FORMATTING THIS PARTITION USING WINDOWS.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy