Highlighted

Re: e280 MSC playlist doesn't find files

And I take nothing back from my user feedback, all they have to do is recognize a leading \ as an absolute path and then you can put m3u files anywhere on the player which reference songs anywhere on the player.
Highlighted

Just quickly, my recommendations on creating playlists. (e200v2, v03.01.16A)

1. Use MSC mode.

2. Put all your music in folders below MUSIC (folders within MUSIC). Multiple folder levels ARE allowed, so knock yourself out with your folder structure.

2. Use Playlist Creator (free) to create m3u playlists.

3. In Playlist Creator's Settings, set 'Playlist Details' -> 'Saving Playlist entries' location to 'Relative'. (do NOT tick 'use forward slashes')

4. In Playlist Creator set the 'Save location' to the MUSIC folder on the Sansa player.

5. We must create the playlist from the Sansa players own files, so plug it in and drag and drop music from the player into the Playlist Creator window.

6. When have all desired songs type in the playlist name and press Create Playlist (in the MUSIC folder).

This works for me, welcome feeback from others.

Highlighted

hc44,

I know it's been awhile since this was posted, but I wanted to thank you for ending my suffering by posting something so absolutely helpful.  I have worked so many suggested solutions for this problem, but yours is the first to actually work.  Thank you for suggesting Playlist Creator, which I hadn't heard of, and for such helpful directions.

cheli

8GB Sansa Clip using Winamp

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Cheli - 

OK, since you drug this thread out of the mothballs, I gotta ask . . .

If you are using Winamp, why do you feel the need to use Playlist Creator at all? Winamp will create perfectly working .m3u playlists by itself. No additional software program or time is needed.

Highlighted

Tapeworm,

I don't really want to get into all the nuts and bolts of this since I've finally solved the problem and have moved on with my life, but to make a long story short, I can create the playlist in Winamp, but the link between the playlist and the song on the Sansa is broken and nothing I've tried to do, other than this fix, has corrected this problem.

cheli

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Well, if it works, then more power to you . . . but I use Winamp alone to create playlists & it works flawlessly. Are you sure during the creation of the playlist in Winamp you are selecting the songs on your player, and not from your music library on your computer?

If you are selecting the songs from your computer, then the path is incorrect and that would be why the list doesn't work on your player. In your library preferences in Winamp, you can set it to 'see' your player to compile its library from. In my case, I have to set to look only at F:\Music & G:\Music (my player and memory card).

You may be using Playlist Creator to repair/correct the paths in your playlists only. This might save you that step. Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Out of mothballs again!

Tapeworm:

I finally had the chance to try your suggestion and it worked.  You diagnosed my problem without my really even explaining it.  Wow, you really are a guru.  I wonder what you could do with all my other life issues.  Anyway, the links were broken because I was not creating the playlists from the files within my Clip.  Now that I did it correctly, the magnitude of my stupidity overwhelms me.  I guess that's why we need gurus

cheli, your most unworthy disciple

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Glad to hear it's working for you! Yay! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

I recently bought a 280e.v1 for my wife and I'm working on setting up her music on it. She needs easy access to her workout music which seems to infer at least one playlist designated for workout music. For the rest, which is preferable - a separate playlist for the non-workout music or a separate playlist for all of the music on the player or both? Will the player accomodate this?

And which programs are the most user friendly and trouble free for the purpose of creating the playlists, converting the songs and so on?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Aramis -

If you have a v1 player, I strongly reccommend a free program, Sanse Playlister (with an 'e', not an 'a'). This is very easy to use and works extremely well on the v1's.

It will show a little icon indicating whether the songs is on the player or on an external memory card, and you can include songs from both locations into a single playlist.

If it were me (and it's not, so you have to decide for yourself), I would create one playlist for work-outs (you could name it Sweat Sets Smiley Very Happy ) and another one with everything but the work-out music. That way your wife can be listening to music and not have to worry about the w/o stuff coming up when using the 'Play All' & 'Shuffle' at the same time.

The number of playlists you create is only limited by your imagination, how you (or your wife) plans on using the player and the variety of music you put on it.

Have fun! Smiley Happy