Highlighted

e260 will not power up unless connected to an external power source

Hello--I thought I would post this while waiting on hold for tech support!Smiley Happy

My sansa e260 will not power up unless connected to an external power source--in this case a Lenmar powerpack/charger.  If unplugged, nothing happens.  Plugged into computer, the unit does power up and goes into connection mode. If plugged into the powerpack, I can actually listen to music.

I have taken the battery out, put the battery in, bought a new battery, taken that battery out and put the new battery back in, left the unit on charge with both batteries for days at a time.  I have updated, rolled back drivers, soft resetterd, hard resetted, and read a lot of posts on this board.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: e260 will not power up unless connected to an external power source

[ Edited ]
what did technical support end up doing? RMA?

*RMA = Return Merchandice Authorization

Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 07-28-2007 02:53 PM
----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Tech support is always so much fun! Someone needs to teach these guys the phonetic alphabet!

After droning through the endless scripts he was given, my barely intelligible tech support advisor agreed that an RMA was in order.  The unit was shipped on Saturday; does anyone have an idea what the turn around time is?  (ballpark?)

Despite the hassle, I really do like the Sansa much better than any other media player I have owned.  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Jefiner on 07-31-2007 01:07 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

anywhere from 7-10 business days. Usually the earlier of the 2
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter