Highlighted

Re: downloaded WMA files not working

They do work.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

What an odd set of issues.. I'll try and come up with whats wrong, in the mean time I have had some success with running http://music.msn.com/client/diag.aspx
----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

We are having the same problem on our Sansa e250. Whenever we try to play the songs that we recently bought from an online music store, the device tells us "Synchronize to continue your music subscription". When we try to resynchronize the songs in question, an error occurs. It says, "It is not possible to obtain device's certificate. Please contact the device manufacturer for a firmware update or for other steps to resolve this problem." Though we have looked on Windows Media Player Help, we haven't found a solution yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

As Mr Smiley has pointed out, Please run the Microsoft DRM troubleshooter at DRM Troubleshooter
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

I realize I posted this reply to someone else, but with a few modifications, I think this could help the situation here...

When you turn on and use your player, are there any errors or anything abnormal in behavior? Do any messages pop up?

Lets start from the beginning.

First, we will update the firmware. The Sansa Firmware updater can be found in the link below.

Click here for the Updater 
                                       Click Here for the How-To Video

Once its been updated, see if the player is in MTP mode, this can be done by going to Settings > USB Mode > then MTP on the player.

Connect the player to the computer. Is it properly detected in My Computer as an Audio Device?

If so, now open up Windows Media Player 11 and try to format the device. I realize you've done it before, but lets try again.

Click here for the How-To Video to format the device in WMP11 (I realize it says Vista, but the proc...

Then, try to sync songs using the method in the video linked below.

Click Here for How-To Video to Add Songs using WMP11.

Now, do you still get that message or are the songs synced over?

If you still get the error message, try to uninstall the device in device manager. You can get to device manager by right clicking on "My Computer", then looking for "Manage". Look for Device Manager on the left pane and look for the Sansa as a device on the right. It should show up as an Audio device or Windows Portable device. Right click on the Sansa, and select Uninstall. Now, disconnect the player and reconnect it. It should reinstall it self. Now, try syncing over again. Do you still get the error message or does it sync over?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@tabbyposie wrote:
....an error occurs. It says, "It is not possible to obtain device's certificate. Please contact the device manufacturer for a firmware update or for other steps to resolve this problem."....

Try connecting your player in MSC mode.  Show hidden files and folders.  Open the player, then open the System folder and find a folder called WMDRMPD.  Delete WMDRMPD.  Disconnect your player, set it back to MTP mode and try transferring your music.  I've seen that work on other forums.  Good Luck......
* Signature capacity excee...
Highlighted

i don't see a WMDRMPD file in the hidden files and folders