Wrong firmware

I made a mistake and I load a wrong firmware to my E250 player. Now I get a white screen and I can´t make it work in recovery mode.

What can I do te get it work??

Thanks!!

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Wrong firmware

I am afraid the only thing you can do is to get it replaced. If you loaded the wrong firmware,it wouldnt have effected the recovery mode, so something else must have gone worng.
SanDisk Guru

Want to get drastically geeky? You can try the Linux recovery method. I haven't done this, it's at your own risk, etc.
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
SanDisk Guru

Didn't I recently see a Windows version of this recovery?

Just a thought.  Manning coffee battle station.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

I tried the Windows version of e200tool on the e260v1 player I just got off eBay. No go. It wouldn't find the player even though LibUSB-Win32 test program could find it. I ended up making an Ubuntu 7.10 live boot CD and using the Linux version of the tool. I found these instructions particularly helpful, being entirely ignorant of Linux commands and such. The nuclearscripting.com link wasn't any longer valid, but I was able to get the same files elsewhere on the web. Pay particular attention to the filenames, which are case-sensitive. It took several attempts. I kept getting protocol -71 errors, but patience being my middle name (not really) the half-dozenth attempt was successful.

Off topic edit:  I read somewhere that it was possible even to convert an e200R to a regular e200.  If that's true, then it should be possible to fix putting the wrong firmware.  Or maybe not.  Worth a shot in any case.  Good luck. 

Message Edited by TheMarkster on 04-06-2008 11:02 AM

Thanks for your answers!

I tried to follow the instructions you said step by step but I can´t make to work e200tool. I made the Ubuntu live CD and all is fine but when I put the command "./e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom it said that this command doesn't exists or something like that. I put all the files in the same folder, tried to put them in the desktop but I get always the same error.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

SanDisk Guru

Create a directory called e200tool.  Then use drag and drop through the Ubuntu GUI to copy the files you need to the e200tool directory/folder.  Be sure to get the linux version of e200tool since obviously the windows executable isn't going to work under linux.

Yes, I did that too and I get the same error. I follow the instructions in the page you give me step by step...

SanDisk Guru

I copied all my needed files over to a 1GB flash drive while in Windows, and then dragged them over from the flash drive after booting up in Linux.

Read this page, too. 

I could make it work! I use the windows instruction that someone gave in another message.

Thank You all!!