Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

What do I do after entering manufacturer mode?

[ Edited ]
Problem resolved. I was informed how to make my e250 function again and it si working well as though nothing was ever wrong.

In my case I put it in recovery mode, copied the m14 file to the 16MB file folder that pops up on the PC screen, made another file named sansa.fmt and put it on the 16MB file folder and rebooted to a repaired player. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by lewislink on 02-19-2008 05:41 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: What do I do after entering manufacturer mode?

What are you trying to accomplish?
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

Love the bunny with the pancake on its head.  What a hoot! 

dingo
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

come on now play nice . the guy needs help and he has reposted the same question twice (well maybe) . he has an e259 v1 ( e250 v1 maybe ) .i never heard of manufacturing mode so one of you sansa gurus explain ( in laymans terms what that is) .love the bunny !
mike
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

If he explains what he is trying to do, we can possibly suggest some quick and easy solutions. If I even tried fixing this guys problem, I could possibly just be creating un-needed work. And that would just be silly.

I can only assume he means Recovery Mode, getting to manufacture mode is not something everyone can do and requires certain files.
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

he is bricked . someone needs to walk him thru the proceedure to getting to square one . sounds like he is one that leaps before he looks and or reads .ive never had that problem thank goodness .http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=10766.msg82440 . i found this doing a search so maybe he has rockbox on his player .maybe this link can help him.
mike
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

your assuming he is bricked (althought he very well might be).

Besides, he hasn't even responded up untill this point. Maybe he posted once, never to be seen again.

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

your are right . most of the time what you notice is that no one bothers to read anything , but you can sympathize with them in that the player doesnt work as it should . i was upset that my 4 gb sdhc card doesnt work as its supposed to but hopefully they (sansa ) will come up with a solution. im hoping its not like that v1 firmware issue thats so hot right now.
mike
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Soryy for tking so long getting back. I bricked my e250 by removing what I thought were duplicate rockbox files and booted into MSC mode thinking one file would be deleted in that mode since it wouldn't delete in MTP mode. The problem stems from booting into MSC mode. On reboot it wanyts to refresh and it hangs on refresh. If I could get it back into MTP mode I'd be able to fix it. I tried recovery mode but it didn't work for me and I caught wind of the manufactuerer mode and thought it might be a method for repairing my e250.