V-modas Vibe fix for E260

I bought the V-Moda Vibe earbuds at Costco and was having issues with the speakers going out in either the right or left ear during many songs. I returned the first pair to Costco but the second pair did the same thing. I just upgraded to the latest firmware .24 I think and it solved the problem. I have been playing it all day without an issue. They also sound much better. There must be an undocumented fix for these earbuds as I did not see this in the list of fixes. Hope this helps someone out.
SanDisk Professor

Re: V-modas Vibe fix for E260

Yeah, the V-Moda bug was fixed in the .21z beta firmware released last winter, I guess they didn't carry it forward on the changelog. 

Right.

Is this the right room for an argument?
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Where can i find the changelogs?
SanDisk Guru

Numb!

Exactly what is different with the V-Modas?  I have seen closeup detail of an apparent vibe plug, actually in AudioFile magazine, which showed the headphones (cool red anodizing), and a 4-conductor plug!  Were they showing a phone type application, or what is the deal with these babies?

I would imagine that as long as the headphone impedance is within an acceptable range, there wouldn't be major issues, save volume.

This one has my curiosity...

Bob  Smiley Happy

SanDisk Professor

Sorry, fellas, it was a joke.  I couldn't believe that this guy thinks there was a brand-specific fix for his earphones, so I gave him some line, hoping he'd bite.  I thought the "21z" would be a dead giveaway to the been-around-the-block crowd, but I was wrong.  My bad. Smiley Sad 
Is this the right room for an argument?
SanDisk Guru

I saw the 21z...and thought, what the heck is the Numbster talking about?  Rule 6?  Maybe it was a typo, messing with the weird Hebrew Beta version?  I even searched for moda and vibe without any hits.

Then, thinking about a standard stereo 3p 3.5mm jack, it just didn't make any sense!

Well, that's what ya get for browsing around before the coffee kicks in, eh? 

"Australia!  Australia!  Australia!"

Right Numb?

Bob  Smiley Very Happy