Highlighted
SanDisk User

Shuffle function resetting & Rockbox

Reading through the board, I saw the question about the shuffle function on the e200's & wondered if anyone knows what resets the shuffle setting when using Rockbox. I want to run through all the songs on my player before it resets, but sometimes is seems to reset. If I skip forward, it seeems to reset, but not if I go back. If I run it until the battery dies, does it reset? Do I need to make sure I recharge before it runs out? Is there a setting that will basically force it to play all songs before repeating?

Thanks!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Shuffle function resetting & Rockbox

In Files, select the directory where your music is located, press and hold the Select button.  This brings up a context menu.  Choose Playlist > Insert Shuffled.  Rockbox will go through all the music in the directory and its subfolders and construct a dynamic playlist in random order.  Now play the music with Shuffle turned off.  Since the playlist is in random order, it's just like playing with shuffle on, but if, for example, you accidently leave your player on, you can go back to where you left off.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Billy Yank,

Thanks for the tip. Never knew about that one. Do you know if it will keep the list active even if the battery runs until dead? And I assume that allows you to move through the playlist w/o re-setting it?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I've never run the battery all the way down, but I have dropped it.  When I turned it back on, the playlist was still active, but the current song was back to the last time I pressed Play.  So I just had to hit Skip a few times to get back to where I left off.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ok, after 10 days of digging snow I finally got the chance to try this & hit a snag. I go to files to choose where my songs are, but I want to play ALL of them, both on the microsd and the player. Can I do this with this method? Do I just insert two playlists, one for each location?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I don't know, I've never used a card in my player.  Give it a whirl and let us know how it worked.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ok, I'm not a whiz with playlists, but the more I think about it I don't think I can run two playlists at once. So, I am thinking instead of going into files and setting a playlist, I'll try going into database & choose Artists & shuffle the playlist, which (I think) should pull from the entire player.

We shall see...

Thanks for the help.