Sansa e280 internal drive reads 0 GB

I recently got a new computer with the Vista OS. I hooked up my player, went to 'My Computer', right-clicked on the main drive and clicked 'Format' to clear the player. This is something that I did all of the time in Windows XP and worked fine.

Well now, after doing the format, when I look under 'Info' is my Sansa's Settings menu, it says I have 0 GB available, it's like there is no memory at all. It says "Memory 0 GB, Free 0 GB". When I try to click on the drive in my computer it says "Please insert disk into Removable Disk"; again, like there isn't even a drive there. I can't check for errors because it's like the drive doesn't even exist.

Also, when booting up the player I get the 'Not enough space for music DB. Please free 6MB' message.

What do you think, is my e280 now an expensive paperweight? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Sansa e280 internal drive reads 0 GB

i would check to make sure you are looking at the right drive ( my sansa seems to add 2 drives, 1 which doesn't exist, and the other which has all the memory) else try to access it with WMP 10, or whatever you last used to sync it, i had that problem also.  If none of that works i would guess format it again ( what have yougot to lose ?) if that doesn't do it call sansa i think

Thanks for your responses.

The big problem is that the computer doesn't even recorgnize the drive. When I click on the main drive it says 'Please insert disk..." I can't format or check for errors because it's like the drive isn't even there. My warranty just ran out too, you gotta hate that...

SanDisk Guru

Make sure your player is set in MSC mode. Vista has issues with MTP mode, and I woudn't bother with 'Auto-Defect' at all.