Sansa e200 serie scroll wheel

Hi all !

I would like to know if I am the only one person having trouble with scrolling the wheel ? In the first time I had my sansa it worked
very well, but now I am not able to scroll it properly. It is very difficult to adjust the volume and/or to choose the right song I want
to listen to.
Is there a solution or must I sent it back to SanDisk hoping that it is still under guaranty ?
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Sansa e200 serie scroll wheel

sorry badguiz, but your post is very vague.

Why is it difficult?  does it just seem to be loose at turning? Is there peanut butter under the scroll wheel?
SanDisk Professor

If it feels to firm for you, you should probably get it replaced.. chances is there is some mechanical flaw, which should allow you to arrange warranty. Hope this helped Smiley Happy

Well.... sorry for the bad explanations, I'll try to be clearer.

My Sansa works very well except the scroll. When scrolling, it touches like if the scroll were very used. It is not hard at all to scroll it. I just want to
add that I never put anything in/on my player, so it is very clean.
When scrolling, to adjust the volume for example, the volume increases, then decrease etc. It is very difficult to adjust. It is like if there were no
electric contact or something like that. Sometime I want to decrease the volume and instead it raises very high !!! Scrolling in the same direction
it finally decreases etc. The probleme is the same when choosing a song or whenever I use the scroll.

I is now one year and a month that I have my player, so I think the warranty is not  valid anymore.......Do you think it could be repared or replaced
by Sansa just like it was still under warranty ??

You're not alone, mine has started to skip.  I turn it a little bit... sometime it scrolls down one line, sometimes 10. 

I tried to contact the sans support service and I am still waiting for an answer....
I'll let you know what they advise me to do.

I am on my second e280 after the first one was stolen.  With my second player the scroll wheel is very tight.  I assumed Sandisk tightened the wheel after some reviews complained that the wheel seemed "loose".  I agree that it is hard to adjust the volume without hitting some of the function buttons.  Also, the volume jumps up by segments rather than adjusts slowly.  It sounds like this may be a defect rather than an "improvement".  I got my new player in July.  Any comments on this?

Also, I subscribe to Napster and it has worked fine until now.  It says my software is corrupted and I have to reformat my player.  I downloaded new firmware but now Napster says that even though I have an acct. I have to pay for songs.  How do I reformat the player?  I no longer have my user manual and it is difficult to get into the Sandisk user support site.

S.

I emailed Sandisk tech support about the Napster problem and they suggested I reformat my e280 by connecting the device to my PC, going to "My Computer", and right clicking on the player and hit "format".  Then reload the firmware.  That solved my Napster problem.  Quick and helpful response from Sandisk.

However, my wheel is still tight.  I have email another tech question and will see what the response is and will post later.

[ Edited ]
The problem described in the original post sounds the same as I am experiencing.  The wheel moves very freely, but the result is very erratic.  When moving the wheel slowly to go a couple of lines up or down a list it is just as likely to go in the wrong direction. It seems to prefer going down to up.  If you are steadily scrolling up a long list you don't make much progress as it may go up a couple then jump back 4. Going down seems to work better though it will often jump past where you want to go.  This ties in with the described behavior of the volume control being erratic it is very difficult to turn the volume down.

Message Edited by ricard on 10-04-2007 09:48 PM

[ Edited ]
I'm having the exact same problem - the selection box on the screen (or the volume) goes up and down even when moving the thumb wheel in only one direction.  Trying to select a single artist/song/function is becoming very difficult as I often times cannot get the wheel to work correctly.

I have contacted sandisk support.

Message Edited by NHMike on 01-16-2008 12:36 PM

My Sanas e260 was still under it's 1-year warranty and Sansa provided me with a RMA for an even exchance.  Sansa has received the player back and all I am waiting for is for the replacement to be shipped out.

Message Edited by NHMike on 01-29-2008 12:16 PM

Just to let everyone know, Sansa really sticks to their 7-10 (read 10) business day window to ship out the replacement unit starting on the day they get the defective unit back.

Message Edited by NHMike on 02-04-2008 04:41 PM

I FINALLY received the replacement player on February 14.  It was shipped a full 12 business days after the faulty player was received by Sansa.  At least the new thumb wheel design works 100% better.

Message Edited by NHMike on 02-15-2008 01:21 PM