Highlighted

Recovery Mode

Hey somebody can help me with my e260 because I turn it on and says "Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode"
What I have to do?Smiley Sad
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Recovery Mode

We would just need to reload the firmware. We can do so by using the Sansa Firmware Updater, or possibly running an exe that loads 12a on to the player. That 12a firmware can be found here. Worse case scenario SanDisk can e-mail you out the firmware which can be loaded onto the player manually. This is done once the player is in recovery mode.

To access Recovery Mode:
-Make sure the player is off (if necessary, hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off)
-Move the hold button to ON (move to the right towards the headphone jack).
-Hold the record button.
-Connect the player to the computer.
-Keep holding the record button till the "new hardware is ready for use" comes up, and then release the record button.

Now you should have a 16MB drive in My Computer.

----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

Hey thanks for the info!

But I still got a problem. That message apeared because I erased all the songs. Now it turns on and I can download pic and movies. But when I try to put music on it some warning things appear and the music is not copied to the mp3.
There's some folders of music that does not delete and don't appear as well.

What I gotta do? 
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

The Error message your recieving would be very helpful to know, to resolve this for you :-)  as well as how you are transfering the music
---Signature---
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

It sounds as if you are using Sansa Media Converter to try and get music on your player. If this is the case then we want to use another application such as Windows Media player or Rhapsody. Sansa Media Converter(SMC) is designed for pictures and videos that need conversion, not music files.

Check out the How To Videos here, they should help you out. If they dont open you click them, you can right-click and save as to get your own copy of them.
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

my problem with the sansa is that i erase the entire data cause i had video problem before
do what should i do
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

um, what? Im not sure I understand the issue completely
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

I have the same problem. I am trying to find the firmware for my model e280R, if someone knows where can I get it, please let me know.

on screen i just can see: "Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode"

Thank you very much for your help!
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

hope it helps
Highlighted

Thank you very much.
Actually, I already tried it and did not not work.
:-(