Highlighted

Recovery Mode :smileysad:

My sansa e250 gets a screen saying "Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode". I found out how to do recovery mode by following instructions. I pretty much follow all directions; to get out of recovery mode disconnect the USB cord thingy and the system will be back to normal. Unfortunately, it never goes back to normal it goes back to the "Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode" screen. Can anyone help? Please! I'm only 15 years old.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Recovery Mode :smileysad:

The error message typically means that your firmware is corrupt and you need to replace it in Recovery Mode. But, you have another post and from reading that other post I think that you also have quite a few corrupt files on your player. 

Why don't you first try to format in Recovery Mode? Create a blank text file as described in this link. Follow the instructions carefully!

After you have created the file, connect your player in Recovery Mode and drop the "sansa.fmt" file in the 16mB folder. Here are the instructions for recovery mode.

If this doesn't work, then you will also need to replace your firmware in Recovery Mode. But, try this first.

Note: this will delete all your content on your player.

Highlighted

my sansa player says load main image failed, switch to recovery mode.When i switch to recovery mode it's says usb connected enter usb msd mode. How do i get off this screen?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@langly wrote:

my sansa player says load main image failed, switch to recovery mode.When i switch to recovery mode it's says usb connected enter usb msd mode. How do i get off this screen?

This message iindicates the firmware has somehow gotten corupted. Just entering Recovery Mode won't do anything by itself; it's a way of connecting where you can "fix" the problem. In this case, you'll need to manually re-apply the firmware, found here.