RECOVERY MODE

i am freaking out! Smiley Very Happy  i did update the firmware (i believe) yesterday and last night out of the blue my player stopped working and when i attempted to turn it on again got the following message: "load main image failed.  switch to recovery mode."  please help!! how do i switch to recovery mode?  when plugged into my laptop, it doesn't show up as being connected.

Re: RECOVERY MODE

I have the same issue.  I know how to get it to recovery mode, but nothing happens after that. 
Highlighted

hmm... how do you get it to recovery mode?
SanDisk Professor

You can enter recovery mode by first:
Making sure the player is off
Push the hold switch towards the headphone jack so you see orange
Press and hold record on the left of the player
With record still being held down, plug into the computer
Once you see welcome to recovery mode on the screen of the player, let go of record
At this point you can reload the manual firmware. You will probably need to contact sandisk so they can give you the link to the file. Smiley Happy
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4

I had the same problem. I followed the directions to get to recovery mode and got the following message:

USB cable connected
Enter USB2.0 MSD mode

What do I do now?

Once you create the Sansa.FMT file and enter recovery mode you get the message:
USB cable connected
Enter USB2.0 MSD mode

At this point, remove the USB cable and it will come up wtih
USB cable disconnected
Exit USB2.0 MSD mode

Formatting...

Wait a few seconds and the system will restart and refresh itself. From there you should be good to go.

When i turn it on it still says "not enough space for music DB. please free 6 mb" . When i check the info it says memory 0MB, Free 0 MB, Songs 0, Voice Recordings 0 FM recordings 0.  Is there anything I can do?  When I used to plug it in my computer recognized it as SANSA Disk E but not it doesn't recognize it at all.  i got a file from Sandisk  pp5022.mi4, nothing seems to understand this format,  do i convert this file to a SANDDISK.FMT and if so, how do i do this?

@mastershake7917 wrote:
Once you create the Sansa.FMT file and enter recovery mode you get the message:
USB cable connected
Enter USB2.0 MSD mode

At this point, remove the USB cable and it will come up wtih
USB cable disconnected
Exit USB2.0 MSD mode

Formatting...

Wait a few seconds and the system will restart and refresh itself. From there you should be good to go.

SanDisk User

I just went through all this last week with my 280 with no luck. End result was the player wouldnt reboot after following the instructions provided by Sandisk and all the other tricks and tips on the many forums. So Friday morning returned the player at Best Buy and upgraded to the View 16gb. My 280 was still under warranty, but I also think it helped being "Black Friday" as the manager just said "I dont care, just do it" when asked about my return.....

[ Edited ]
I get the same message on my e250 model of the not enough space free 6mb. and the same thing with the info... so I called the support and they said it needed to be reset to factory settings.  They said they would e-mail me the file and it should fix it. If it does not then I am to contact them again and they will send me a replacement. I do not know if this fixes it yet for I have not tried but we shall see.

Message Edited by Surferdudenot on 11-26-2007 07:14 PM

mine doesnt format after entering recovery mode it restarts and goes back to load main image failed