Highlighted

Plays out of one speaker - other speaker very faint

I have the E250 2gb MP3 player. I’m having an issue where I can only hear sound out of one speaker when I listen to music through the MP3 player. There is still sound coming through the other speaker, however it is extremely faint. At first I thought it was my car speakers or the FM transceiver – however I hooked up the player to my computer speakers and it does the same thing. What could be going on? I know this started right around the same time that the Rapsody Application told me to update the firmware on the MP3 Player.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Plays out of one speaker - other speaker very faint

wow thats strange.

What about if you wiggle your headphone jack? Can you hear both sounds strongly then?

To me, it sounds like your headphone jack might be broken, because I play with electronics all the time, and I messed around with my brother's iPod once, and by messing with the headphone jack's soldering, I was able to make the sound disappear from one side.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

might just have to get it replaced. give sandisk a call @ 866.sandisk
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

Try to find the problem by eliminating the links in the chain ...

# Can you hear both channels properly when you plug your headphones in to the player? If 'yes' then the headphone socket is OK and the player is not the cause. If 'no' then it's a problem with either the headphone socket or the player itself. If OK then ....

# Try a different cable to connect the player to the speakers ... one you know is OK (i.e. works with other equipment). If the fault goes away then the cause is the old cable. If the fault persists it's probably not the cable but leave the new cable in anyway (you know that one works). Then ....

#  Connect a different music source (e.g. a CD player) to the speakers. If you still have the problem then it's your speakers at fault. If the new setup plays OK then it's not a problem with the speakers.

You should have isolated the fault by now.

The cause is probably be a 'dry' solder joint on a socket or plug OR a broken wire in the connecting cable. I suspect the cable.

Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Im having the same problem with my sandis sansa e250 series one speaker plays the sound out like new and the other one just doesnt play at all...i havent dropped it or damaged it in any way but i did put a speaker jack from a computer speaker into it and after that it seemed to stop working good and then all of a sudden stopped working at all
Highlighted

maybe the speaker is broken...not the mp3 player?
Highlighted

The problem you may be experiencing is that your MusicEQ may have been inadvertently been switched from normal.  Try changing it back by going into music options once a song is playing to see if there are any changes.  I had this same problem myself.  I feared that I might've been going deaf or had a bad case of wax build up.  In any case my mother who has a Sansa as well who happens not to be to proficient with it's use schooled me on this.

Hope it helps!

Heavenlyhash77
Jacksonville, FL
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah...I'm pretty sure changing the EQ settings will NOT kill one of the outputs.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

No the eq doesn't KILL the the headphone jack, but it's not stated that it did. They said that it is coming out of the other side, only its faint, so the sound isn't completely gone, like it would normally be if the jack was dead or malfunctioning. Checking the EQ is a good place to start.
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Accually it IS stated that, "...I can only hear sound out of one speaker..." in the original post. The other side that does work is faint.