Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Playlist limits on e250 v.2 (Tapeworm)

In the discussion we had a month back or so you mentioned that .pla playlists had a 250 somg limit and .m3u playlists didn't.

I seem to be getting 250 song limits on BOTH..

Am I doing something wrong?

SanDisk User

Re: Playlist limits on e250 v.2 (Tapeworm)

Upon further investigation, It appears that even though I create it as an .m3u, when I sync it, it switches it to .pla.

How do I prevent this?

SanDisk Guru

@MSRoble wrote:

Upon further investigation, It appears that even though I create it as an .m3u, when I sync it, it switches it to .pla.

How do I prevent this?

If you are using WMP, it will convert the playlist to the .pla format. I use Winamp to create .m3u format playlists. Here's one way to do it. The free version of Winamp is fine.

SanDisk User

So this is a media player issue?

I can create .m3u's in WMP perfectly fine, it's the syncing that switches it back to it's preference.

So using Winamp is the best choice then?

SanDisk Guru

In my opinion, 'Sync Stinks'. Anything WMP can do, I can do better.

Is Winamp the best choice? Only if you want playlists that work.

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Working on it now...

Additional question. It doesn't seem to recognize my 8 GB chip in there, it's just showing it a USB Drive E:

I want to put a certain group of mp3's on my chip and NOT on my internal memory.

Do I just need to copy/paste via Windows Explorer for that?

Put the music in the Music folder, then save the playlists into the same folder?
Message Edited by MSRoble on 03-17-2009 04:34 AM
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Ugh! When I'm in MSC mode, it shows no music when I view it in Explorer.

Plus when in MSC mode it doesn't show me the Internal AND External memories, it just clumps them together in some folder structure that contains nothing.

When I switch back to AutoDetect, all my music is there, both on internal and external.

And if I'm in anything other than MSC, it aborts me out of Winamp altogether.

Message Edited by MSRoble on 03-17-2009 06:14 AM
SanDisk User

Part of it was my fault.. I was trying to drag'n'drop files that were previously synced via MWP, I need to remove them, go in as MSC and re-do them via Winamp.

HOWEVER, I still fail to see how I can do anything with my card seeing as how MSC mode doesn't seem to recognize the External in any way.

SanDisk User

In MSC mode the external memory should show up as a separate drive (usually the drive letter after the main device).  MSC mode it is just that, external USB memory and any of the WMP files will not show in MSC.

@MSRoble wrote:

HOWEVER, I still fail to see how I can do anything with my card seeing as how MSC mode doesn't seem to recognize the External in any way.

SanDisk Guru

I only use Winamp for playlists. I drag & drop everything in MSC mode to get it on the player and/or card. No 'syncing' for me.

In my Winamp preferences, I designate & tell it to only 'Watch Folders' of my F:\Music (player) and G:\Music (card) to populate my 'Library' under Local Media - Audio. I don't mess with the portable devices nonsense. I don't set it to scan my computer's hard drive at all. All it sees is what I tell it to see, and that's just my player and card. If I switch cards, or add more files, then I just have it scan those 2 drives (F & G) when I open it and plug in my player. I think I have to press the 'Clear Search' button to update the info after the scan is complete.