Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Picture tutorial for sansa.fmt file

[ Edited ]
I made a picture tutorial for people needing to know how to do the fmt file. Admins, if this is illegal, let me know, or take it down. I figured a good image tutorial on how to do it, could help people as well. This links to the album that it is in. So all anyone has to do is just click next on the album and it will take you to the next step.

This is for use with the e200v1 only... this file will not work with the e200v2

Message Edited by Peter_Griffin on 01-30-2008 03:26 PM
SanDisk Professor

Re: Picture tutorial for sansa.fmt file

[ Edited ]
Just a bump, for those that may have not seen it. This file according to some other threads, can help with the Stuck on refreshing database screen problems.

Message Edited by Peter_Griffin on 08-06-2007 11:44 AM
SanDisk Professor

SanDisk Professor

What about for the Vista?
SanDisk Guru

same for vista
SanDisk Professor

Thanks for the Bumps Smiley Very Happy

This will at least work on the following systems:

All Windows Operating systems....
XP, Vista, 2000, yadda yadda

Havent tried it on anything other than a windows computer, but im sure its still the same theory

Peter..... this is confusing...

I guess that you are trying to tell us to make a blank file with the name: sansa.fmt with 0 size

Easily done with your favorite ASCII editor.  So I guess SANSA just reads the file name, and performs the operation.  Right??
SanDisk Professor

AFAIK, that is correct....

I think its something in the code, that reads sansa.fmt and forces the player to format...

All you would need to do is create the blank fmt file and put it on the player in recovery mode, and voila forces the player to format itself... Cool huh?

1 Your pictures are very poor resulution. Why didn't you do a  zoom of the left top corner of the screen so the text could be readable?

If someone is to dence to comprenend that  'sansa.fmt ' is simply  a renamed empty text document   they must be 'Christians'.

The problem I have here is when very simple instructions start to sound  complicated in order to explain (what should be a very simple process)  to technolilogicly challenged people.