Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My old songs wont delete from my player

Heya. I havent actually used my Sansa for a long time. Anyway, I'd like to start using it again but i cant seem to be able to delete my old tunes from it. When I connect the player, then going from my computer, the player folder shows without any songs. When I go to properties, it shows that the player is basically full. All the songs play in my player, but i cant see them in the folder when going from My Computer....so I cant seem to erase 'em. Any ideas?

I dont know if it helps, but the last time I used it I  was on a mac, but im on a PC now

SanDisk Fanatic

Re: My old songs wont delete from my player

Go into my computer, click on the mp3 player icon, go on the drive icon, right click and click on format. be sure to format with fat32 (im not 100% sure about the fat 32) and everything will be gone except for the firmware.
SanDisk Guru

It's probably an MTP/MSC issue.

When you were using the Mac, the only USB mode you could connect in was MSC. Now that you're using a PC, you have another one, MTP available. Files put on in one mode are not visible or accessible in the other. So if your player is now in MTP mode, you would not be able to 'see' any of the files that were transferred to the player in MSC mode even though they are there and the player will still see & play them.

If you switch to MTP mode in SETTINGS > USB MODE & re-connect, you should now be able to see all those old song files. You can delete them (some or all) while you're here, or format (MSC mode) and that will wipe everything in one fell swoop. Smiley Happy

Thanks alot Smiley Happy I did the format and everything's okay Smiley Wink