My Sansa's dead.

Won't power on, ring doesn't light up, won't connect, battery heats up when charging. Was working fine the other day, now- nothing. I can't even get it to go into recovery mode.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: My Sansa's dead.

Sounds like a shorted battery Smiley Sad
SanDisk Professor

that happened to me before... try plugging it to a computer with the battery removed.
if that doesn't work, try going to recovery mode also with the battery removed.
if that still doesn't work, call sandisk tech. they might replace it if it still under warranty.

Thanks for your help. I called SanDisk and they're replacing it with a shiny new one. Now, I think i'm going to try and find one of those ToughSkins for it.
SanDisk Professor

Those things are awesome!! I have one for mine, and its super cool!
SanDisk Professor

Just a side note: Removing the battery doesn;'t void the warranty, so you can try this without risking your warranty Smiley Wink

Mine did same thing. Battery started overheating, screen went white and I couldn't turn off. How does battery come out? Took 4 screws out of back but nothing would come apart. I was afraid to break something.

I'm having the same problem- it won't turn off and I can't reset it. nothing happens when I press the menu button. I don't know how to take out the battery either. can someone help us?