My E280 is alive but dead. Help Me!

I have been having this problem with my e280 for about a month now, and i have tried everything that anyone has suggested to get it working again.

My e280 seems to be stuck in a timewarp. No matter what I do - i.e. what settings I change or files I transfer, as soon as the system reboots, and sometimes even before that, everything reverts back to the settings etc that were on when this started happening. It's almost like it has short term memory loss...It's always exactly the same every time I turn it on, no matter what I do in between. Because of this I haven't been able to load any new music (it's only half full); I have to go and reset the shuffle and EQ settings every time I hit play because every time it boots up they change back to how they were; I can never get the 'play previous' option anymore cos it just 'forgets' i was even in the middle of a track...so I end up listening to the same bunch of songs over and over. And I CAN"T format or delete tracks.

I've tried firmware upgrades, I've tried installing Rockbox, I've tried formatting in MSC, MTP and recovery; I've tried deleting tracks in both MSC and MTP...I've tried everything! I even yelled at it...and nothing!

Firmware upgrades never complete, or on the odd occasion that they do they're not there the next time I reboot. Deleted tracks magically reappear and formats appear to never have happened...

I hope there's someone out there in the Sansa world who can help me with this, cos I have no idea what to do!
SanDisk Guru

Re: My E280 is alive but dead. Help Me!

you do have a 1 year warranty on the product, if you've done all that.... you can just call sandisk and explain it to them, if its found defective (which it probably will be) it just gets replaced. Give it a shot
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

Even without proof of purchase?
SanDisk User

SanDisk Guru

Lol @ the picture.

Depending on the situation, you can call sandisk and explain it. Whats the worst that can happen?
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter