Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Largest SD card on e260 if using Rockbox?

I really like Rockbox on my Sansa e260.  Under the Sansa firmware, I know that I am limited to a 2GB chip.  What about with Rockbox firmware?  Thanks.
Highlighted

Re: Largest SD card on e260 if using Rockbox?

...and I just found my answer (16GB) on a different thread.  Which raises another question for me.  Does it matter which "kind" of card I get, i.e. Sandisk SDHC, Sandisk M2?  Or will I have to search eBay for an "older" version? 

Thanks.

Highlighted

sorry....

MicroSD, MicroSDHC?  

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

As far as I've seen, any size MicroSDHC can be used.

SD and SDHC are the same size, just different formats inside.

Theoretically, any size SDHC should work- 16GB is the biggest available (for now.)

And I'd recommend buying a cheap one to start, and see if really like the 'quirks' to using them, BEFORE getting an expensive one.

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.
Highlighted

I read here that you can't just plug Sandisk in and load files into the expansion chip, so you have to load them directly to the chip via a chip reader.  What other "quirks" are there to this?  

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Flyhop wrote:

I read here that you can't just plug Sandisk in and load files into the expansion chip, so you have to load them directly to the chip via a chip reader.  What other "quirks" are there to this?  

That used to be a quirk using Rockbox, but (at least on the v1's. Not sure about RB'ed v2's) now that USB is enabled, you can load directly to the card while it is in the Sansa.

If using the OF, one quirk is that the refresh times when using a 2GB card are painful every time you start it up.

I've heard of no brand that has given people fits, but I stick with Sandisk. They are usually about the same price & I've never had a lick of trouble.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Kingston brand cards have trouble with video playback, from what I've heard. But for music, any brand is fine.