Highlighted

Re: Is the Sansa e200 series microSDHC compatible?

re: Where do they claim this?

If you had been reading all the posts instead of just butting in...then you'd know exactly where they made the claim.  The claim was on their website under the compatibility portion as pointed out in DukeTwicep's post on 10-4-07.  The exact link was/is

Like I said, the link was fixed late last week after I talked to Tech Support and the corporate headquarters.  Before the link was fixed, the recommended card was the 6GB card with the 4GB listed under other compatible cards.

They were VERY apologetic for the mistake, but that doesn't help people who bought cards and can't use them.  I happen to buy my card from a source that said to check to make sure my device is compatible (which is exactly what the link above is made for) because they did not accept returns due to incompatibility issues.

re: Until then, quit complaining.

I will continue to "complain" all I want until my card works in my player....just as I fully expect you will continue to be a blind Sandisk apologist for an obvious customer satisfaction screw-up.

Highlighted

Help. Installed Rockbox and my Sansa Won't boot.

Made a big mistake. I installed the Rockbox software and after the initial boot it says file not found. I can't get it to boot with the original software becausa my sansa won't show up in py computer. I tried holding the left button during boot but it does not help. I was in MSC mode when installed this software. . Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Jesus Guerra.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Help. Installed Rockbox and my Sansa Won't boot.

V_generacion, you might have to get into the Rockbox IRC to get help.
Highlighted

"For one it is the only mp3 player with expandable memory!!!!"

no it isn't. a lot of people are doing that, the only reason apple and microsoft aren't is that they are both brand nazis, so they won't make expandable memory until they make a new standard of it, which is not likely.
Highlighted

Re: Help. Installed Rockbox and my Sansa Won't boot.

V_generacion: turn on hold, press the rec button down, and turn on the player. this will put it in recovery mode, then find the original firmware, which you can find through google, and drop that into the windows explorer window. ONLY put the firmware in there, it'll mess it up if you do anything else.
Highlighted

Amen to TRYING Rockbox before you trash it.  It is NOT "bugged out"....not by a long shot...AND they will fix ANYTHING reported to them right quick!  But again...if you're looking for "perty graphics" and slick menu transitions...just wait until SanDisk releases their updated firmware...in...oh...say 2 or 3 years or NEVER!  I'm counting on Never right now...since we're already several months out from when the MicroSDHC chips were released and they can't even provide an ETA!

That's gonna be my last work on the subject.  They key here is really what YOU want.  Do you WANT to wait for an indeterminate (possibly never ending) amount of time for them to release a firmware upgrade they clearly do NOT want to do (they want you to buy the newer, more expensive units instead!  It's called CAPITALISM)????  Or do YOU want to end the waiting game, go with a 3rd party workable, albeit un-pretty, solution that will allow you to use the device the way YOU want it to??  T'sup to you.  It's not difficult...you have to make 1 of 2 choices...make the choice and stick with it.  Either way you're sure to find some satisfaction in what amounts to a necessary compromise.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

My eyes, they **bleep** near rolled out at of my head after read the post above mine. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]
wow everyone complains way too much.

So the way you get things done for YOU, is to complain, complain, and complain? That is not how you go about getting things done.

And no I am not a "Blind" SanDisk Apologist as you state. I have my own mind, and my own opinions.

They will get it out when they feel it is the proper time to get it out. When everything is perfect on their end.

Message Edited by Peter_Griffin on 10-19-2007 02:39 PM
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
re: They will get it out when they feel it is the proper time to get it out. When everything is perfect on their end.
They may or may not ever get it out.  They don't really seem to care about existing customers, just getting more business.  They have had time to recently release a 6GB Micro SDHC, but they don't have time to make their  flag ship E200 series work with their own SDHC cards....even though a third party has been able to?  They also have released the View which supports SDHC, so they know exactly how to do it, they just aren't very customer driven.  Fortunately, my E250 was a gift.  I will be sticking with a reputable MP3 vendor for the 16GB player I plan on buying in the near future.  As for the worthless 4GB Micro card Sandisk has stuck me with....I will find a home for it....also, all future memory cards will be purchased from someone other than Sandisk. 

Message Edited by ffahmy on 11-09-2007 03:43 PM
Highlighted

The fix for this issue has already been developed and incorporated into the new Sansa View.  Both the 8GB and 16GB View units can accept any sized MicroSDHC card.

All that's needed is to port the SAME EXACT CODE over to the e200 series.  That's actually been the case for a VERY, LONG while now.  But they obviously are NOT going to port the code...you have to buy the new View to take advantage of the new higher capacity cards.  So whip out your credit card and pick up a new unit for Xmas...

I'm so disgusted right now it's not even funny.