Installation CD version 1.3 warning

My mp3 player that I purchased on 07/21/07 Sansa e280. I used the cd to install the user guide and media converter, that's when all the problems started.
Their must be at least 7 different viruses and trojans on this cd. Mcafee removed them all except for Generic downloader-.z

Mcafee could not remove it.

I had to go out and purchase kasperski anti-virus to get rid of it.

Be warned before you install.
SanDisk tech support said there was nothing they would do, so much for my first mp3 player and tech support.
I guess I should have flushed $240 down the drain.

Art
SanDisk Guru

Re: Installation CD version 1.3 warning

aj173pa wrote:

Their must be at least 7 different viruses and trojans on this cd.

I have been using Sansa MP3 player since they first come on the market. I have every flavor of Sansa out there including the Sansa e280 and i can assure you that what ever viruses and trojans you have on your computer did not come from the installation CD.
SanDisk Fanatic

O_O ,  Viruses from the cd? I have tons of them and have not had any issues. If this were the case, I am sure there would be a lot more upset people messaging SanDisk and the media.
----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Sandisk is not is the business of giving people viruses, I have used the cds countless times at work and at home and never got a virus. I would suspect your PC already had these viruses.