Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I got this simple problem but i can't find the answer

I know that mtp transferes media between the pc and the media device but , my computer also belongs to the other family members so all there songs are on here, also msc doesn't allow me to delete music, i was wondering if there is anyone to stop or restrict entirely the music transfere option for the sansa e 200 e280........
SanDisk Guru

Re: I got this simple problem but i can't find the answer

You need to set WMP for 'manual' sync, rather than 'automatic'. Files put on in one mode (MSC or MTP) are only visible & accessible while connected in that same mode.

So if you 'synced' in MTP mode with WMP; No you won't be able to do anything with those files in MSC mode.

Why don't you format your player, erasing everything then switch to MSC mode and transfer (drag & drop) only your music or the files you want. That way there's no way you'll get anyone else's music . . . ever. Unless, of course you want it. Smiley Wink

so if i make a file for music in my msc mode, and format my mp3 erasing all my hard looked for music......well not really, i can transfere my music in without having it set to mtp and there by causing it to take more music then it needs, thank you i owe you a favor
SanDisk Guru

Check out #5 in these 'How-To' Videos. That might help.