How Do I Exit Radio on the e250?

I am having trouble exiting radio etc on the e250. I cannot seem to find an exit so i can use other options like Mp3 player and Video etc.

Please help me out as this is becoming a neusance.

Thank youSmiley Indifferent

SanDisk User

Re: How Do I Exit Radio on the e250?

[ Edited ]
Just tried my e260, and I had to press the power button once to exit the tuner back to the main menu. There is probably another solution, but that is all I know at the moment. Hope that helps. BTW, Merry Christmas!
Message Edited by sansaversion1 on 12-25-2008 12:44 AM
SanDisk - The Pearl Drums company of innovative memory technologies - they get no respect.
Proud owner of e250 V1 (Yee Haw!!), e260 v2, SanDisk Travel Case, and Sennheiser PX 100 phones...so far!
SanDisk Guru

The Sansa remembers the last thing it was doing when shut down.  This means, if you were listening to an audio file, it will resume when powered up.  If the file is paused (note, there is no "stop" for a file), the Sansa will power up in the paused state.

Now for the FM radio.  With the FM selected, try pressing the play button.  Now, we have a slightly different situation.  You can "stop" radio playback by pressing the play / pause button, which effectively "mutes" the radio.  Simply stated, the Sansa "halts" in the present mode, ready to resume playback of the last thing selected.

To completely exit FM radio playback, simply navigate to Music and select a track.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk User

"To completely exit FM radio playback, simply navigate to Music and select a track"

It seems his problem is he doesn't know how to do that.

chewy_bad_ass  - Look at the symbol on the "down" button below the volume wheel.  That symbol represents a menu, and in most operation modes that will get you the specific control menu for that mode.  (Don't know if it does that everywhere, as I only use Music and Radio.)

Now look at the lower left corner of the display while playing your FM.  You should see that same symbol.  That is telling you that the button in the lower left corner of the player will also bring up a menu - the overall device menu.  Press this to be able to switch between Radio, Music, Video, etc.   If you press and HOLD that button for a couple of seconds it acts as a power switch.

Clip Zip
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@makaiguy wrote:

"To completely exit FM radio playback, simply navigate to Music and select a track"

It seems his problem is he doesn't know how to do that.

Answered in the 1st response:

@sansaversion1 wrote:
Just tried my e260, and I had to press the power button once to exit the tuner back to the main menu. There is probably another solution, but that is all I know at the moment. Hope that helps. BTW, Merry Christmas!
Message Edited by Tapeworm on 12-28-2008 04:23 PM
SanDisk Guru

Ouch, you guys are brutal!

Bob  Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

ouch indeed!

just got a sandisk for xmas and stumbled

upon radio mode waiting for the bus today

cannot get out of it!!!!