Help, please?

I don't know quite how to explain this and ask for help, so I'm gonna do the best that I can...LOL..I have a library on my E280 of over 1,000 songs and when the battery is almost dead and I charge it using my USB port to my computer it "resets" all of my songs and when its charged I have to scroll thru all of my songs to get back to where I stopped listening .....is there a way to "freeze" this player to keep it from resetting back to 1? I hope this makes sense....please give me any advice that you may have....

SanDisk Professor

Re: Help, please?

I'm just guessing here, but here goes nothin':
Try charging it BEFORE the battery "is almost dead."  See if that makes a difference. 

There's really no reason why charging the unit should reset the play list.  Weird. 
Is this the right room for an argument?
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Try getting a USB wall charger. Those things rock.
SanDisk Fanatic

I may be mis-remembering, but wasn't "resetting to the beginning of a playlist when the unit was turned off" an earlier problem that was fixed with a firmware update?  Have you updated to the latest version for your unit (v1 or v2; don't get the wrong update)?

Dan

SanDisk Guru

Dan-

That does sound familiar.  The sansa should continue playing from wherever you left off, be it an audiobook, playlist, album, wherever it halted during playback should continue...except videos.

I would check that the firmware is current!

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Hey Dan....

Thanks for the advice, however, I am so new to the MP3 "world" and am not really sure how to do what you're suggesting or anything....any advice?

To check your firmware version, just go into Menu, then into Settings, then into Info. Version is the first item and shows the firmware version.
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Download the user's manual and read how to do a firmware update.  It is a simple process for non-sophisticated users.  There is a thread at the beginning of this bulletin board that discusses firmware updating, but it was way too technical for me...

Dan

Message Edited by DanCorcoran on 05-16-2008 07:23 PM