Help Please

How do I use my songs from Itunes?  They save as MPEG4?
SanDisk Guru

Re: Help Please

If the sogs were imported from CD or another sorce all you have to do is control+click the file and select "convert selection to MP3". If the files were purchased from the itunes store you may not have the ability to convert the song to MP3 due to the DRM attached to the file.
SanDisk Senior User

Hello Jtwodhoop. Welcome to the SanDisk Sansa Community.

Songs purchased from iTunes are typically .m4a or .m4p. Songs imported to iTunes can be a variety of different formats, depending on how they were originally ripped or created.

From what I understand, the .m4a files are the non-DRM files from iTunes and the .m4p files are DRMed songs from iTunes.

You can check the type of file the songs are by going to the location of the song, right clicking, and selecting "Properites". It should display what file type it is, as well as an extension. You can also right click on the song in your library in iTunes, select "Get Info" (should be the top selection). On the bottom of the main Summary tab, it should displayed the location of the file, as well as the file name and extension.

Your Sansa will be able to play them if they are converted into .mp3 format or .wma format.

As far as I know, iTunes doesn't not allow you to convert these songs to those formats. However, there may be other software that can do this for you.

I'll try it, but they were purchased thru Itunes

Thanks