Geo

For the next firmware update

Hello commuitty,

I have the Sansa e280 and I noticed the following bugs/irritations in it. I just want to bring them up so that you can push Sandisk to fix them in the next firmware update:

1. While listening to a song, if I set the volume to level '1' then I go to the next or previous song, I lose the audio. To get the audio back, I have to increase the volume for each new song. In other words, I can't set the volume to level '1' then skip to other songs. This is also applicable in the FM radio mode when changing to the next or previous frequency.

2. When I set the volume to a certain level and then turn the device Off,  the next time I turn it On I lose the volume level that I have previously set. The Sansa does not retain the last volume level set before switched to Off.

3. If I set the volume to level '0' then back to level '1' no audio is heard. I have to set it to level '2' in order to get back the audio.

4. When I set the volume level to '1', which is the minimum I could go at, the audio level is still loud. This is especially true in a quite environment.

On a personal note, I find this unacceptable to release such a product and sell it at around $ 170 (if not more) with these types of problems. After all it's an MP3 player i.e. an audio player; shouldn't it be all about volume?!

Thanks,
Geo

Re: For the next firmware update

I have the same problem with my e260.  I put the volume on 1 (I can hear the song fine at volume level 1) but I lose the audio on the next song.  I have to manually adjust each song to hear it.  I have the latest firmware.  I was told that this was a firmware problem and can only be fixed, as you had said, by a future firmware release.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

If I rip a (paid for Smiley Happy)  CD onto my Sansa I don't notice this with each song. If I download songs from the internet (LimeWire) I get this. Manybe it is because the songs have different compression rates?   Just a guess.
Geo

Pepi,

My mp3s are directly ripped from CDs I personally bought, from the same application and at the same bit rate.

Could you please detail your test procedure for which the above volume problem worked for you. It could be interesting if we find a work around for this problem if Sandisk doesn't fix it in their firmware update.

Thanks,

Geo
SanDisk Guru

perhaps making this in the product feature suggestion thread would be more effective? Less likely to get lost in the barrage of new post that come on a daily basis.
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

[ Edited ]
Enigma,

Where can I find the product feature suggestion thread? This could be a good idea as long as someone from Sandisk reads it and decides to fix it.

By the way, in my original post in item 1, I said that the audio loss problem also occurs when skipping to next or previuous FM frequency. This is not true, it only occurs with music files.

Thanks,

Geo

Message Edited by Geo on 10-13-2007 07:44 AM
SanDisk Guru

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter