Highlighted

E260 - Help

Hi, my daughters e260 has stopped working.  When powered up it go's nowhere, just has Sandisk on screen, after 10 seconds that refreshes.  Have tried power down for 15 seconds etc.  When connected to PC same thing, does not show battery charging or synchronising.  I have read about formating but cannot get to the menu.  Have remove battery but not replaced it with a new one. 

Is there any hope of fixing this or is it destined for the bin!

Thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: E260 - Help

Try reloading the player's firmware in Recovery Mode.  To get to Recovery Mode you need to turn the player off, engage the hold button (orange tab visible), and then connect to the computer while holding the record button.  Windows should find a new removable drive partition named 16MBFORMAT.  Drag and drop the extracted files you can download from here onto the root directory of that 16MBFORMAT volume.  DO NOT TRY TO FORMAT THE 16MBFORMAT DRIVE!!

Be sure you are getting the correct firmware for your player version by reading the FAQ.

Highlighted

Re: seems - Help

Thank you for the information - it seems to have worked, I think!

Thanks

Erty

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

i updated my Sansa E260 with new firmware,but i got new problem,in music folder it shown some files and more folders name: ''a,e,music,jk'' etc....,i cant delete it,what i have to do? and new problem,if i wanna copy some music into,it shows error: ''file didnt exist or is already in use'',but it isnt,its still on desktop  and it isnt in use....

Message Edited by neo31 on 06-15-2008 07:44 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Try formatting the player.  That should remove any files you're currently unable to delete.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

''unable to complete Formating of this device'',error message if i try it

EDIT:thank man,it was cause i didnt turn off autoupdater,problem solved and player work,thx :-* Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by neo31 on 06-15-2008 07:50 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Is it a v1 or a v2 player?  If it's a v2 player try formatting from the settings menu option.  If it's a v1, connect the player in recovery mode and drop a blank text file named sansa.fmt (not sansa.fmt.txt) onto the 16MBFORMAT drive that shows up in My Computer.  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORMAT THE 16MBFORMAT partition!!!