E200 series w Itunes version 8

Is there any way to convert purchases songs from Itunes(version 8) so they can be played on the sansa E200?  I tried a purchased program known as Tuneclones for $35 and it does not convert to MP3?  Any help would be appreciated.
SanDisk Guru

Re: E200 series w Itunes version 8

You can burn the files to an audio CD--don't just copy them onto the CD, convert them to CD audio files--with iTunes. Then rip the CDs to mp3s (also in iTunes, with settings under Edit/Preferences/Advanced).  You could see if the free Media Coder can convert the files you have. Or you can look around for other shadier converter programs, but you make sure you find one you can try before buying. One good place to try is www.download.com--search for m4a or m4p converter. 

In the future, the solution is to buy real, portable mp3s from Amazon, Emusic and other sellers. You can also get mp3s--not Apple's m4a or the evil DRM-protected m4p format--of some songs through iTunes, so check what you are buying.  If you are going to buy music, ONLY buy mp3s. Any other format is going to be incompatible with something sooner or later. 

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers

Thanks but I tried to burn to an audio CD and Itunes popped up with a message that the songs could not be burned because they were proected.
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Noteburner

Tunebite

I haven't tried them, but they are recommended elsewhere. Try a demo before buying.  Caveat emptor. 

Did you try Media Coder? 

And by the way, why don't you ask iTunes Customer Service this question. Ask them why you can't use songs that you have paid for. Perhaps you should even demand a refund since their files don't play. I would love to see their answer.

Message Edited by c1u31355 on 11-24-2008 10:39 PM
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
SanDisk Guru

@RDB59 wrote:
Is there any way to convert purchases songs from Itunes(version 8) so they can be played on the sansa E200?  I tried a purchased program known as Tuneclones for $35 and it does not convert to MP3?  Any help would be appreciated.

I can't imagine a music converter program that doesn't output to .mp3.  That's wild.

burn the cd to realone player then should ask u what format u want it on and put .mp3 and save it

As far as I know, there are two common ways to convert iTunes songs.

1. Use iTunes itself. For purchased iTunes songs, protected or non-protected, iTunes offer you a chance to convert the songs to MP3 format within the program.

2. You can also use third-party iTunes music converting tools like TunesKit Audio Converter with which you can directly convert unlimited number of iTunes music, including the M4P songs, as well as Apple Music tracks to MP3, AAC, WAV, etc.

Highlighted

That is right. If you want to convert iTunes songs to DRM free songs for sandisk, you need the iTunes audio converter for Mac to help you. Congratulation. Hope this tips helps you out.