Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Copying from Sansa e260v2 to hard drive

I connect my Sansa e260v2 in MTP mode. In Windows Explorer (Windows XP SP2), I see the structure and files of the internal memory. I select a file, right-click to copy, navigate to a folder on my hard drive, right-click to paste... and nothing happens. If I connect in MSC mode, I see the Sansa folders but not the files. What am I missing Smiley Sad ?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Copying from Sansa e260v2 to hard drive

Try using drag and drop instead of copy/paste.
Highlighted

I did try every possible way of copying and pasting. I also reinstalled the unit as an MTP device. Still no luck Smiley Sad

Highlighted
SanDisk User

If you sync via WMP in MTP mode, you will not see the files in MSC mode.  Don't copy, just select all in the sansa and "drag 'n' drop" the folders/files to your hard drive.
Highlighted

@mcarver2000 wrote:
 If you sync via WMP in MTP mode, you will not see the files in MSC mode.  Don't copy, just select all in the sansa and "drag 'n' drop" the folders/files to your hard drive.

I'm actually trying to copy back to my HD some avi's that were converted through the Sansa Media Converter. These are not files that were synced through WMP. When I drag and drop the whole Video folder (in both SMC and MTP mode), an empty Video folder gets created on my HD, but the files don't follow. 

Highlighted

@mcarver2000 wrote:

It took me a while, but I finally got it thanks to your tip. I switched the player to MSC mode and used Sansa Media Converter to transfer an avi into the VIDEO folder. I was then able to drag and drop it back onto my hard drive. I can't do this with avi's that were transferred in MTP mode.Thanks!

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Some will dis-agree, but I still say:

MTP = Mostly Trouble Protocol

MSC = Many Satisfied Customers

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

There are distinct advantages to either mode.

The Certified Sansa Nut learns to take advantage of both modes.  Once you have enabled both modes on your PC, true Sansa madness can follow!

Bob  Smiley Very Happy