Converting an *.AA file

I have an e250 (v1). I have downloaded an audio book from audible.com. Their format is
*.aa. Is there a convertor that changes that file into something my e250 can read?

Thanks
brad
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Converting an *.AA file

I doubt it.  It is proprietary to Audible and they have it pretty well locked up.  You must have a v1 as the v2 models are Audible enabled.
Gorillawatcher

I am having the same issue, many of the music files that I already have on my hard drive that was downloaded fram factory CD's are in a file format called AAC Audio.

Looking around online this am I found a place called replay-converter.com

They claim to have a produce to take care of this,
My question to the group has anyone here used this before and if so is it a good produce or is there a better of more cost effective one.

Thanks
MIke in Georgia
Favorite Quote ~ "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him no good whatsoever" Robert E. Lee
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]
See if  Media Coder works with your AAC files. It's free

(You probably converted them with iTunes. You can change iTunes to convert your CDs to play-anywhere mp3s by going into Edit/Preferences/Advanced and switch Importing to mp3.)  .

.aa is a different story entirely. Those are digital-rights-protected audiobook files.

Message Edited by c1u31355 on 01-15-2008 12:32 PM
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers

[ Edited ]
There was a procedure on the web that used the audible media player driver and the dBPoweramp convertor.
It does work and converted the .aa files to MP3 or whatever format you wanted.
It was taken off the web because of complaints from audible.

Message Edited by jttz54 on 01-15-2008 08:49 PM

I went and downloaded this media coder but when I tried to run it for some reason it would not open up.
Favorite Quote ~ "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him no good whatsoever" Robert E. Lee

Hi,

if you want to convert it, you can use this method: install directmp3cut and record the file buy playing it on itunes and recording it by directmp3cut or a similar program. Or you can buy tunebite if it's still allowed but you need itunes too.

The tracks are very long and it's nessassary to have a firmware with bookmarks like rockbox on your player. Or you seperate your tracks with direktmp3cut. But that not very clearly.

dieda

sorry a wrote the wrong name. It must be a recording software like no23 to record from the sound card output.

dieda
SanDisk Guru

"I went and downloaded this media coder but when I tried to run it for some reason it would not open up."

Works for me. Are you logged in as the Administrator on your computer?

Another converter program: dbpoweramp
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers

That won't work, cause audible is *.aa not *.aac. It's a unique format from audible, you can burn only a wav CD with lots of tracks. There are only this two ways of converting into one track. Recording by soundcard recording program or tunebite (itunes reciered).