Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can Sansa e200 series play/sort songs base on Folders

[ Edited ]

As you know, when you play music, the songs are sorted by Artists/albums/songs/genres, why not by folders?

Sometimes, I put some songs in one folder , like "rap songs", "jazz songs", "my pop music" etc. I do Not want to edit all songs ID1/2/3 info, just play them , E200 series can't do it, But some other MP3 players have this function. 

Can Sansa has this function in next firmware update?   

Message Edited by zjer2006 on 11-27-2008 03:36 AM
SanDisk Guru

Re: Can Sansa e200 series play/sort songs base on Folders

Sorry, probably Not.

It's REALLY EASY to change ID3 tags if they're already in folders. Hold SHIFT or CTRL and highlight all the songs you want, then right-click and choose "properties", change "Genre," and click ok.

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.
SanDisk User

Another option is to create playlists for your folders....
SanDisk Guru

PLEASE, don't start another "Folder View" thread!

There are already multiple threads with HUNDREDS of posts, discussions, opinions, whinings, arguments, and re-hashes of the same point-of-view from BOTH sides of the fence. Things have gotten so heated some threads had to be locked down by the moderator so tempers could cool off.

Please do a search (they won't be hard to find) and read what's already been said on the subject. I doubt you could add anything fresh.

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, enjoy your player as-is.

SanDisk Guru

If you have a v1 model (and soon to be available to v2 models) consider trying out the open source freeware rockbox firmware.  It does offer the option of playing and browsing by file/folder, plus loads of other features and options, such as games, FLAC support, etc.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxUtility

anyway, thanks everyone

@AutobahnSHO wrote:

Sorry, probably Not.

It's REALLY EASY to change ID3 tags if they're already in folders. Hold SHIFT or CTRL and highlight all the songs you want, then right-click and choose "properties", change "Genre," and click ok.

Clever solution!  Makes it easy to listen to multiple-CD audio books.  The Genre's become Disk1, Disk2, etc.  Thanks!