Highlighted

Re: Blue Ring of Death?

Endless attempts with all manner of adjustments, files, filenames, ALWAYS ended at best with the  "..ed while recoveryion fail" (sic) messages.  Finally, I opened the darn thing up (and removed the battery while doing so).  After re-assembly -- the recovery process WORKED.  I assume the battery removal reset something, as a "VERSION.TXT" file showed up in the 16M drive.  (No, I didn't look at it).  YAHOO!
Highlighted

well I got the same problem with my Sansa e270.

The procedure misha1 posted sounds quite good, but unfortunately I stack at  step2.

My computer won't install the driver 0781-0720.inf, because he says "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

Any ideas, what i did wrong?

I would be glad if someone coulde help me.

thx 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

You may already be familiar with this resource.

I have not tried this, but noticed it at Anythingbutipod:  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31275

LightbulbNew Guide For Recovering A Bricked Sansa

Hello guys, I made a new guide for recovering your sansa player,

please see:

http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/

Any suggestions, complains, or corrections are welcomed!

Last edited by barskir; 06-22-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

and this one:

Reload this PageBeginners Step by Step to UN-Brick Sansa 

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22253

Highlighted

Hi Misha,

I am facing the same issue. Probably 16MB Volume was formatted by mistake.

Now the device is not working and neither my PC is recognizing the device.

I have downloaded the e200tool as u had specified.

I tried to follow the steps, but I am not able to complete the first step.(DRIVERSmiley Happy

My laptop is not able to find the driver for the device(Tango Digital Media Platform)

Please suggest what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hey. The procedure outlined by Misha initially looks great.. and I'd like to try this before going the Linux option, though I do have an ubuntu cd sitting right here...  My only problem (and it's a big one) is that no matter what I do, I cannot download the recover.rar file from this russian page. I tried translating, and not translating.. and I've yet to find this file on a different page. Is this possibly an outdated link by now? or maybe something else. I'm using WinXp Pro SP2, Firefox (maybe issue?). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Message Edited by donstuff on 08-27-2008 07:52 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@donstuff wrote:
Hey. The procedure outlined by Misha initially looks great.. and I'd like to try this before going the Linux option, though I do have an ubuntu cd sitting right here...  My only problem (and it's a big one) is that no matter what I do, I cannot download the recover.rar file from this russian page. I tried translating, and not translating.. and I've yet to find this file on a different page. Is this possibly an outdated link by now? or maybe something else. I'm using WinXp Pro SP2, Firefox (maybe issue?). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Message Edited by donstuff on 08-27-2008 07:52 AM

I've uploaded recover.rar to rapidshare.com.  You can access it via this link. You don't have to sign up or register or anything of that sort in order to download (or upload) files.

Edit:  You need to click the Free User button in order to download, and then wait a few seconds before the download button becomes active.  The file will remain on rapidshare.com until nobody downloads it within a 90 day period, at which point it gets automatically deleted.

Message Edited by TheMarkster on 08-27-2008 08:54 AM
Highlighted

Thanks 'TheMarkster'.  File downloaded great.  However, I found that I'm unable to get my sansa into manufacturer mode.  Tried with hold on/off, and connected/not connected to computer.  I disconnected and reconnected the battery, tried again, but to no avail.  I guess it's just bricked solid.  Thanks for the help though.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Only the v1 and Rhapsody models have a manufacturing mode.  Do you have a v2 model?  The process is HOLD switch to locked position, and pressing and holding the CENTER (SELECT) button while connecting.  The player's screen will remain blank, but the blue ring will light up.  Try as I might, I could never get the windows version of e200tool to find any of my players.  Booting into Linux worked like a charm.
Highlighted

hmm... indeed.  It definately is a v1.  I may have to boot into linux and try that when I have time.  The battle continues...