Highlighted

Re: Blue Ring of Death?

i actually forgot i posted here, i got the files. the recovery was working on linux until i get to the part where the drive is suppose 2 mount.

After this command

sudo su
./e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.ROM

i get

e200tool v0.2.3-alpha (c) by MrH 2006, 2007
Searching for device 0781:0720 ... found!
Initializing USB stub (4780 bytes) ... done!
Writing 'BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.ROM' to address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... 9 found!
Write at 0x10660198
Write done!
Running from address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... found!
Execution started!

im holding record, the sansa says its entered recovery mode but the device never mounts on linux.

Any way to fix this?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I've completed all the steps listed in the guides to fix this problem. I installed linux, ran all the commands, got the player to open up in Recovery Mode, as well as copied the three files to the directory that appears ("17MB File System"). I then hit unmount and nothing happens. I get this result whether I install files or don't touch it at all after I disconnect the USB cable as directed:
"...lun0 unlocked
lun0 locked
lun0 unlocked

Safe to Disconnect USB
Exit USB2.0 MSD mode"

No action occurs after this. Shutting off and restarting the player leaves me with the original problem: A Sansa E260 with a Blue Ring of Death.

Has anyone encountered this scenario when attempting to unbrick? I'm trying not to beg for answers here, but I've done everything as directed in http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/, yet it's just simply not working in the last step. I've never even used Linux before so it's a big step to solve a pitiful problem and I've paid careful attention to the directions. But NOTHING happens!

Daughter card trick was also used. Nothing.

FIXED: I must have formatted the hidden partition. If you want to start from step 1 on a blue ring of death I suggest doing this before the other tricks: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33823

THIS saved my player and saved me from getting an inferior mp3 player. SOOO happy with Rockbox now..

Message Edited by goneja on 11-15-2009 12:08 AM
Message Edited by goneja on 11-15-2009 12:09 AM
Message Edited by goneja on 11-15-2009 01:14 AM
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I can now confirm that pushing the black rectangular piece located above the battery does the trick. My son's 280 got blue-ringed, opened it, did NOT remove battery, just pushed back in the black thing, and it sprung back to life. Someone suggested that black thing may be a memory chip...who knows...but it seems to work every time...!!!

@Rickkins wrote:

Ok...so once again, it happened. This time, however....the pull the battery trick did not work, not even leaving it out over night...and I was contemplating a scathing post...

However, I did notice something. Located above the battery, in a flat, black, 1"x1"ish square, is another smaller square piece that seemed to be ever so slightly raised above the rest of the black square. Pushing it back in...well, by now you see where this going, right...?? Smiley Happy

Yup...it's working again....seems likely that I may have pushed it back in previous times, but attributed the return to life to a battery remove reset... 

Message Edited by Rickkins on 11-27-2009 05:06 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@misha1 wrote:
Ok I will spend my very expensive time to help you guys Smiley Happy will work under win (command32)

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COMPUTER IS, OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POCEDURE DO NOT DO IT!!! ASK YOUR 14 YEAR OLD KID Smiley Very Happy

1. Download recover.rar from here
2. unpack the libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827.tar.gz to (example) c:\libusb
3 find e200tool.zip and unpack it to (example) c:\e200tool

lots of archives isnt it )))

DRIVER:
1. connect using manufacturing mode (hold button on + center button while connecting)
2. In device manager find unknown device under USB and update the driver. Select driver manually. Navigate to 0781-0720.inf (came with the archive) (c:\e200tool)
3. When windows promt you to install "libusb0.sys" direct it to с:\libusb\libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827\bin\
4. Start-> run -> cmd               
5 type:
cd\
cd e200tool
e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
6. windows will find another usb device so instead of "0781-0720.inf" choose 0666-E200.inf
7 disconnect player and restart it

STEP 3 (recover bootloader)
1. connect player in manufacruring mode
2. Start-> run -> cmd               
3 type:
cd\
cd e200tool
e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
but before you hit enter press and hold record button (very important)

Step $ (firmware update)

1. connect player in recovery mode (RECOVERY MODE!!!! with record button)
2. copy PP5022.mi4 to 16 mb partition
3 restart player

OK and now If you screw it up - it is not my fault ))

The recover.rar page is in russian. How do I download it?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Look for the .rar icon, a stack of books. 

Or try this:

http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

ATTENTION!

I and my bro have found the solution and I just did it 2 minutes ago. Enter recovery mode and create a folder called "sansa.fmt". Then eject from computer and restart.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Yes, you formatted. BRODeath usually means you can't even make the usual Windows connection to get sansa.fmt onto the unit.
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
Highlighted

i have windows 7 and it finds the device but when i get to the tango update menu and go to the      libusb\libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827\bin\           it says that it is unable to install tango digital media platform plz help me
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm stuck at step 2 of installing the driver...Windows Vista (64 bit) can't even install the 0781-0720.inf

Ant idea?

Highlighted

Same thing for me...