Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Blue Ring of Death?

@pugspugs123 wrote:
This does not work.Robot Mad

@Rickkins wrote:

I did not read the entire thread, so please excuse me if this has been posted before.

I too had the blue ring of death...twice.

Both times, I fixed it by removing the battery for a couple minutes. 

Next time it happens (if it happens) try pressing & holding the power button down for about 15 - 20 seconds. Then start it up normally. This usually does the same thing (resets the device) without having to deal with opening it up and possibly losing the itty-bitty screws. Smiley Wink

Just because it didn't work for your player doesn't mean it won't work for all players.  Even if it only works on 1 in 100 players it's still worth a shot since it's far easier than going through the e200tool fix.

I have just read 7 of 9 pages of this thread (at time of writing...) in an effort to fix the e260V1 I bought my wife for Christmas in 2007.  I am not a computer geek nor am I a beginner and should be able to follow Misha1's great instructions, and if they fail for some reason, there seems to be enough alternate help that I would likely succeed someday.

But wait a minute - do I place any value on my time?  on my sanity?  I am on a disability pension, so every dollar counts in our house - but is this offshore manufactured piece of kaka really worth the effort?  Call me old fashioned, but aren't those instructions just a little bit complex for a $100 piece of consumer electronics?  I would never buy another one of these mind you, but am I the only one who thinks his time and avoidance of frustration is worth a whole lot more than what it would take to get this thing working again?

I mean no disrespect to any of the posters here...I'm just curious if we've all lost touch with reality.  Or is it just me?

Reminds me of the old cliche:  When asked why he was banging his head against the wall, the man answered "'...cause it feels so good when I stop!"

Just my $0.25 worth!

JT

SanDisk Guru

No one said it was easy, and it's only recommended as a last resort. In other words, your player is 'bricked' and you can't revive it any other known way, so you've got nothing to lose but your time.

If you'd rather not spend the time & effort, then you're perfectly welcome to spend more money on another player if you choose.

But please re-cycle the old one responsibly. Smiley Wink

Come to think of it, there are probably plenty of people here who would be willing to take it off your hands and spend the time necessary to 'bring it back from the dead.

Smiley Very Happy

At the end my player survived... Smiley Happy

Whoever having the same problem may follow the next steps...

You need two things... 1. A Linux (Ubuntu) distribution 2.  The tool: e200tool: http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/e200tool.html

You need three files http://www.box.net/shared/4smvei56oo

Now you activate the lock button (orange) and turn on...

Download the bootloader firmware: http://chrisjs.com/PP5022.mi4

Download the bootloader: http://chrisjs.com/BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom

Now like root in the commands window of Ubuntu write

./e200tool recover BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.rom

The screen should show something like this:

e200tool v0.2.3-alpha (c) by MrH 2006, 2007
Searching for device 0781:0720 ... found!
Initializing USB stub (4780 bytes) ... done!
Writing 'BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom' to address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... 9 found!
Write at 0x1065feb8
Write done!
Running from address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... found!
Execution started!"

Is very important that upon completed this process, desactivate the look button...

You should see a new unit on your system (FAT16MB)... Now copy PP5022.mi4 and BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom files in this unit and create a new text file with this name: sansa.fmt (not sansa.txt)...

Disconnect the player and ready!!!

I hope I have helped...

Bye!

Original download files from: http://chacognulinux.blogspot.com/2009/01/reparar-reproductor-sansa-e250.html

Hi, I can't read the page of the link to the recover rar. I think its Russian. Can you help with the download on another page?

Many thanks

G.

SanDisk Fanatic

reminds me of the xbox 360.Red ring.
SanDisk Guru

@NissanSkyline wrote:

Well, that's certainly helpful.
SanDisk Fanatic

the solutions have already been found. What more can i add?

@Tapeworm wrote:

@NissanSkyline wrote:

SanDisk Guru

@NissanSkyline wrote:
the solutions have already been found. What more can i add?

@Tapeworm wrote:

@NissanSkyline wrote:

That's exactly the point . . . if you don't have anything helpful to contribute or anything substantive to say, you don't need to add anything at all.

All you're doing is making an already lengthy thread even longer with a post that does nothing for anyone looking for help with this problem. And now I am just as guilty by having to explain it to you.

No one wants to censor what you say on this forum (as long as it doesn't violate forum policy), but please use discretion and don't post just for the sake of posting and thereby increasing your post count & 'status', but saying nothing. :smileywink:

I am having issues entering recovery mode. Am I doing it correctly?  I have tried to turn it on with the hold switch on (orange showing) and holding the button in the center of the blue ring or while holding the record button. Sansa does not show up when I run the command: lsusb. Any suggestions on alternate methods of starting in recovery mode and connecting my sansa to run the e200 tool? 

I think I have an e280, v1.