05-15-2008 09:32 AM
In first words, I want to apologize for my bad english... I'm not good in study it... sorry...
I have a big (think it's a large) problem with my sansa e280... one day i uploaded to my sansa 7,5 GB's of music in MSC mode... i put off USB cable and restart player... next for few minuts sansa was refreshing database... when it was start, from about 1,800 songs it founded only 164 and when i want to listen - it plays only a 60% of this 164 songs... i was trying every solutions from internet forums: i tryed recovery mode, actualize firmware, format my player - but nothing helps... when i connect player in MSC mode to computer i see 2 disks a both with 0 KB of space... there're empty...
What solutions do you propose for me?? I'm ready to delete music from player...
05-16-2008 12:37 AM
First, that's quite a large amount of data to load in one big push. Try breaking the load into several smaller steps, and checking that the files play properly.
Next, have the files played properly before? They need to be wma or mp3, with proper ID3v2.3 tags on them.
A tag editor like MP3Tag is excellent for this.
If the ID3 tags have unrecognized characters in them (such as Unicode), the sansa won't list the songs.
05-16-2008 05:00 AM
I think that You don't understand me... My problem isn't uploading of files or format of songs files... All the songs are in mp3 format and all have ID3 tag... I'm from Poland and I bought my Sansa in my country... Player support polish language and it has polish fonts... every mp3s was checked for appearance of unrecognized characters... However - now, thats don't matter... I wrote that I can't format this player... I can't delete files from it... computer don't recognize a player as device or any other machine... Sansa Media Converter doesn't detect it... I don't know what I can do to clean all music...