Highlighted

Album Art

I'm thinking of getting the e280 (though probably without the FM radio - (anyone in the UK know where they sell that?).  Anywat, album art is a big thing for me.  I use Windows Media Player 11 and have all my ablum art embedded into each cd - there is no separate album jpg file, I have pasted teh album art and embedded it into the files.  Can soemone tlel me if this will be recognised by teh 280?  I've seen the tutorial about saving an image file in the folder but I don't fancy doing that with all my files.  The art is already there and is pciked up by Media Player (and indeed other non MS media software).  So, will the e280 pick itup as well?

Many thanks.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Album Art

[ Edited ]
Some people say it does some people say it doesnt always work for them. In my experience WMP11 has issues with this, and wmp10 is a lot more reliable in this regard. I would say 90% of my files show the album art, the other 10 are just random songs that arent on any one particular album.

So in theory, yes everything should work find for you. But like any electronic device, there is always room for error  .

Message Edited by Enigma on 08-01-2007 06:38 PM
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

I have an e280. It shows album art for the few pre-installed tracks that come with the player BUT it has never displayed any art for the albums that I've loaded.
Like you, the art appears with Windows Media Player. It suggests in the manual that you should embed the art into the album folders (whatever that means!). I'm still trying to solve the problem.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

If you add the Album art info to the ID3 tag, it should work just fine.  If it's not in the tag, it might not work....

"Editing music track info using Windows Media Player 11 (Windows XP | Vista)"  After following the video, check the Pictures tab in the tag editor to be sure the "Cover (front)" is there.  If it's not, add it.

Good Luck.
* Signature capacity excee...
Highlighted

Thanks Captain.  That's what I was hoping. My mp3's are all tagged withthe cover art being embedded.  I din't wnat to have to add teh album art as a jpeg file within the album folder as well.  Looks liek I shoudn't need to.  Thanks.
Highlighted

Except that I have art imbedded in the tag and it doesn't display all the time. Every other application on my computer shows the art. I have not been able to figure this out and maintaining the art as seperate files is nuts.

JimR
Highlighted

Re: Album Art Help Please............

[ Edited ]
I've searched, read, and followed all the info. here and my album art still does not show.  I've even managed to screw up one on my wmp.  I some how pasted an album art to another album so now the art of one is on two albums!  When I go in My Computer and open the folder the correct art is on the folder but when I open the file w/the music & art it's the wrong art.  I've tried to get it back but to no availSmiley Sad  Oh and now I even have 2 sets of pics in my pic albums on my e280!?!? 
I'm at a lost..........& I did watch just about every how to on the sansa site, which I could follow easily, but they did not work.
I have a e280 v1 w/01.02.18A.  I've tried both MSC & MTP modes w/o success.  I'm at a lost  so if you can plz. help.
Thanks in advance

Message Edited by regeee280 on 12-31-2007 09:08 AM
Highlighted

Ok, I figured it out by myself, though it took me half a day....................
I'm posting this in case someone else needs help.
For the album art..........I had to rename the art file  Album Art.jpg (the space makes a diff.), then put it in the music folder.
For my mess-up w/wmp art......I did a google search for the album, copied & pasted it to my desktop, renamed it as stated above, opened wmp, then pasted it there.  Last I put it in the music folder on the sansa.Smiley Very Happy

Now I still need to figure out how to get some of my pics back..........they say I need to convert them but I have a few times.  I do not know, maybe I should just delete them then try again...........

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Not sure how old your unit it, or if it is v.1 or v.2, but in either case you should make sure you have the latest version of the firmware updater and the most current firmware for your unit.
Highlighted

In the highlighted post I stated I have a v.1 and the firmware.........I think it's the latest for v.1........
I'm not 100% sure though. That's on my list to check out........