overdrive books

I just purchased a v03.02.05.a  Sansa 250c.  I download books from Overdrive, via my library.  The download is easy and quick, but the book goes into music.  That I wouldn't mind, but I cannot stop the book and then go back to the same spot.  I am also unable to FF.  After a short amount of time it will jump to the next track.

1.  Can I put the downloaded books into the audio book file?
2.  Why can't I simply fast forward?

Thanks for the help.
Debby

Re: overdrive books

I'm having the same problem with my c250.  I have version v03.01.14A.
I hope someone has some suggestions.
Thanks
Highlighted

I am having the same problem with the overdrive books, I have the sansa c250 ,v03.02.05a

I just wanted it for audio books from the library , so this makes it usless for me.

Can someone help?
SanDisk Guru

Have you guys tried contact sandisk@support.com or 866.SanDisk? It seems no-one is responding on this thread (i dont really use my player for audio books)
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

I tried calling support, did not help, there is not a way to make the books show in audio books instead of music, all they can suggest is reformat, I did that and it does not solve the problem.

I'm curious.  I couldn't get the Overdrive books to download onto the c250 at all.  I'm using version 03.02.05A and my emails to customer support (an oxymoron?) have gone unanswered.  On a different model I was able to download from Overdrive into Windows Meida Player 11, then sync the book to the player.  Is this how you do it?  If not, can you tell me how you're getting the books onto the c250.

Thank you.

Jeff

I'm able to download from Overdrive directly to my C250.  I just make sure it's connected to the computer and then click on the transfer icon.

I spent way to many hours last weekend trying to figure this out.  It looks likes by going into music the books aren't set to be able to book mark.  I downloaded a couple of programs to try to convert the format, but couldn't because its protected files.  When I first got my c250 I downloaded a book from CD, it went into either the music files or the playlist and it would pause were I was without a problem.  I tried the overdrive books as playlist and it didn't work.

I'm extremely frustrated with this as one of the main reasons I bought this was to listen to audiobooks as I walk.

Thanks, but I just tried connecting directly to Overdrive and transferring a book.  I have the license to the book and it says it can be transferred until Feb 20th.  When I initiate the transfer, I get an error message saying "Unable to transfer the selected title because [Insert3] returned 0xCOOD2772". 

Since Sandisk doesn't seem to be returning emails, maybe when I get a day with nothing else to do, I'll try calling them.
SanDisk Guru

what email did you write to, just curious?
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

I've had the same issues. I can download the book from Overdrive, but it goes to Music. I don't even have an Audio book folder. I made a new folder but it doesn't show on the player. If I play the book from the player, I put it on hold when it finally finds the place to start from. When I pause it, I put it on hold again. It will start from the right place next time. If I plug into the computer to download something else or just to recharge the battery, I loose the start place. I would love to know how to bookmark. I also want to transfer some songs over to my player, but I don't dare to until I am in between books. And if I do, I'm afraid to switch over and listen to music because I'll loose my place in the book. The difficulty of this really takes the entertainment out of it. Hardly worth it. I'm thinking of going back to portable cd players while I work out. There's got to be a product out there that works. ...........Any help out there on bookmarks?