Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

c200 version1 Latest Firmware Installation Instructions; 01.01.07

[ Edited ]

Version 1 Players Only

First, be sure to verify that your player is a c200v1. This can be found by going over to Settings > Info, and verify that "Version" starts with V01.

Once this has been verified, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update steps below.

WARNING: If you do not have a v1, do NOT upgrade your firmware to this a different version! This could render your player useless!

Download the firmwares by clicking on the links below. Be sure to select the region you are in for full compatibility.

--------------

AMERICAS & PACIFIC REGION - 01.01.07 for Americas

EUROPE (No FM) - 01.01.07e for Europe without FM

EUROPE (FM) - 01.01.07f for Europe with FM

-----------------

This is for use in Recovery Mode.

To access Recovery Mode:
-Make sure the player is off (if necessary, hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off)
-Move the hold switch to ON (move to the right towards the record button).
-Hold the record button.
-Connect the player to the computer.
-Keep holding the record button till the "new hardware is ready for use" comes up, then realease the record button.

Now you should have a 16MB drive in My Computer.  Simply download the 3 attached files, then put them onto the 16MB drive (via drag-and-drop, or copy-and-paste).

Once that's done, turn off the hold switch, then unplug the player.  Check if the firmware is now updated.

----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team

Re: c200 version1 Latest Firmware Installation Instructions; 01.01.00

HELP! I downloaded and extracted the files ok but cannot get the device to go into recovery mode. I follow steps as provided. I copied files under system folder but still my c240 device freezes. I have tried formatting and a whole lot more.

Sorry, dumb question coming your way. I just struggled to get the firmware that shows USB Mode on my player - so I don't want to screw anything up.  Your firmware update show 01.01.00

My player says 01.00.03A

Do I need to update or change anything?

Thanks

SanDisk Fanatic

Your fine, I am waiting for the files to be hosted so I can update this page. Hopefully sooner then later.
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
SanDisk User

I'm still missing the information about what is updated in the new firmware. I mean, what it has got that the previous one hasn't. So that I could know if I need to update it.
SanDisk Fanatic

For those who are hoping for a visual demonstration, check this thread: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=c200&thread.id=2405

Cheers!

- - -
There's ignorant, and then there's willfully ignorant. The first is simply part of life, the second is a choice.
- - -
SanDisk Fanatic

Unfortunately, release notes are not available for every player. I will do what I can to try to reach out to the appropriate parties, but I do not forsee being able to obtain them. Bear with me.

Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team

I have tried everything to make this sansa c250 v1 to work

i have tried all 3 versions of the firmware

i have wached the youtube video

done the instuctions

on 3 diffent computers 5 times

help please

If a human made it....A human can break it
SanDisk Fanatic

Hey, I just got something that can work as a webcam, and I've finally got 'round to installing Skype, so if you are similarly equipped, send me an PM or email and we'll arrange a video conference during which I'll watch you do the upgrade, and see if I spot any errors along the way.

- - -
There's ignorant, and then there's willfully ignorant. The first is simply part of life, the second is a choice.
- - -

I live in germany & i've got a refurbished C250 from USA (ebay, some days ago...) - can I use the 'EUROPE'-Firmware-Version (with FM) ???

Best Regards,

solartron