Re: Rockbox is now working on the c200v2

Hi MartyLK

After I checked RES_INFO.SYS file at the root folder(they contain some string like "rockbox" so must be generated while booting), I am suspecting the RB booloader did bootup, but somehow it fall back to Oringal Firmware.

So, Could you please zip the .rockbox folder you have and upload to somewhere?

Really appriciate it.

SanDisk User

Here ya go:

.rockbox

-Daptist.com - soon to be up and running-

Thank you so much...But unfortunately, I retried several times with your two files. Same result: showing firmware upgrade completed, but still boot to OF.

Really wierd. I guess rb doesn't like my c200v2.

Thanks again for your help. I also posted to RB forums, see if anyone can help.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=23263.0

Happy holiday.

SanDisk User

Lets do an experiment. Normally RB will boot without holding any buttons. And normally to boot into the OF, holding the right D-pad button while powering on accomplishes that. Just to sate my curiosity, try holding the right D-pad button while powering on your c200v2. You'll need to hold the button till the unit is fully booted. I am curious if this will boot your c200v2 into Rockbox.

[ Edited ]

MartyLK,

Yeap, I am think the same way, as I searched the c200v2 dev thread, funman explain to tofmin about the dualboot key may be diff/not fully tested.

So far, I tried following without success:

1. Hold each key when power up until it fully boot. (left/right/up/down/select,vol+,vol-,rec, every key)

2. Hold two keys at same time. ( I even discovered when hold left and right while power up, it show "erase firmware"  )

3. I even take the risk, change the dualboot.S: 

===================

#elif defined(SANSA_C200V2)
        /* check for RIGHT on C6, should changed to LEFT as soon as it
         * known in which pin that is in order for consistency  */
        ldr     r0, =GPIOC
        mov     r1, #0
        str     r1, [r0, #0x400]      /* set pin to output */

ldr     r1, [r0, #256]        /* 1<<(6+2) */
        cmp     r1, #0                /* C6 low means button pressed */
        beq     boot_of
==============

I changed [r0, #256] to #64, recomple mkamsboot.hack and regenerate the patched bin..

still no luck.

I still not dare to change the "beq boot_of" to opposite, because I am afraid it may always boot to rb and I can't boot back to OF,or even worse, anywrong, then my c200 become brick.

I am look for ways if there is some random register I can check so that it may jump/no jump randomly.

I start to believe tofmin and my sansa c200 is slight different keypad readout. (But same OF works on you and mine c200).

Another thought, the tech doc in RB mentioned there should be a few millseconds delay when reading the output, I may try this a little bit.

Message Edited by xordos on 11-28-2009 09:19 PM
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to report that I turned off the Shuffle and now my c200v2 will continue to play music after the first full song and after a track skip. Before, my c200v2 would stop playing after the first song played through or after a track skip. Now, however, with Shuffle off, it will continue to play without stopping.

EDIT - Oooops, I spoke too soon. My c200v2 will play more than one track, but stops after about the 3ed track.

Message Edited by MartyLK on 11-28-2009 09:56 PM

Last report, I know it will come, but it is too fast  Smiley Sad

I repeated line "ldr     r1, [r0, #256]" serveral times, hopefully it will delay a few clock, recompiled/regenerated patched bin..

And loaded in my c200v2. Boom...brick. (won't powerup, no display,dead)

I guess changing 256 to 64 doesn't affect any byte alignment/code length, but insert new code messed up the code length. I know I should ask the developers first. Well it is too late now.

Lesson learned, RIP my sansa.

SanDisk User

If it will connect and show up on your PC, you can do a blind update.
SanDisk User

Looks like most of the playback issues have been resolved in the latest RB build for the c200v2. Mine is working great....with Lexar 16GB card and all. There is a small bug, though. Sometimes after adjusting volume, the currently playing song pops back to its beginning and starts playing.
SanDisk User

You should know that the 21 November 2009 bootloader and 9 October 2009 MkAMSBoot currently on offer at RockBox.org do NOT work on all C200V2.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=23263.msg159034#msg159034

Some of us have to wait.