Anyone get a sansa c200 (c250) to work on a mac?

this is one of the most frustrating products I've ever owned, just behind a Viewsonic monitor w/ built-in webcam.  I finally managed to get it to work with my roommate's PC, so at least I can transfer files to it now.  However, no such luck with my Powerbook.  I've read all over a few forums and followed a few sets of instructions to get it to work, but nothing seems to get it to mount.  Once in a while without even trying, it does mount but I haven't been able to actually get files to copy over without some error.  I've tried the latest firmware, 04, and the original (00).  I've tried with each of my two usb ports (i get different results with each...sometimes the player shows as connected).  Its a v1 model by the way.  Any help would really be appreciated as I have a lot of driving to be doing in the next few days and I'll be using it a lot I hope!

Re: Anyone get a sansa c200 (c250) to work on a mac?

I presume your powerpc has Mac OS(x) or whatever it is that is based on BSD unix so maybe the following might help. I use Fedora 9 live CD(on USB). When I connect my C250v1, the 'Connected' message flashes on my c250... it does stay for a while and I would say if the message is showing... wait... it should mount. Give it some time maybe 1 min. I will check and see what shows up on the player when the mount was successful and repost here.

hope that helps.

I can't seem to find a download for fedora 9 mac live CD...any other ideas?
SanDisk Fanatic

Strange that it works *sometimes*. My player either worked or didn't on a friend's older Mac (it didn't when the device was in MTP/stupid-Windows-specific USB mode, but it worked when in MSC/MSD (mass storage, i.e. pretend it's just another disk) mode).

Check your USB mode and make sure it's on MSD or whatever; then it should just appear as a removeable disk to the Mac, and it should show up on your desktop automagically when plugged in. 

- - -
There's ignorant, and then there's willfully ignorant. The first is simply part of life, the second is a choice.
- - -